• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New toy

Whiterabbit

I'm running the same tires and they are great! They really dig on the trails and no issues in the pouring rain. They do flat spot from sitting overnite by hey they're bias, killer price for killer tires tho.
Nice job!

F18hornetM

I just read your whole thread and great job. You have really put a lot of work in it. Looks great. I appreciate all the pictures as I've not started to work on ours yet. I have been thinking about various things. So your pictures helped me get some ideas of what I need to do. Thanks

1943ht

Outstanding job and progress .... I use my 37 as a daily driver and am pleased with all the positive comments I receive from folks around town .... my wife told me that it's a "female magnet" and that's why I drive it every day ... gotta admit the lady's do wave when I go by .. but the truth is, I just love driving it around ...

pwrwagonfire

Outstanding job and progress .... I use my 37 as a daily driver and am pleased with all the positive comments I receive from folks around town .... my wife told me that it's a "female magnet" and that's why I drive it every day ... gotta admit the lady's do wave when I go by .. but the truth is, I just love driving it around ...

I notice the opposite! Seems every guy does a double take when he sees my truck:lol:

Been a little while since I've posted, thank you all for the positive comments.

I will make sure to post some additional pictures tomorrow...I got my newly re-furbished windshield installed today, with NOS weather stripping/glass, etc. BIG difference. Canvas roof is awesome still.

Decided against re-building my LU-4 winch. I picked up a Badlands 12,000 LB electric winch, for the amount which I will use it it'll work fine. Drew up some plans...hhopefullywill get it installed before winter but we will see.

I dropped off my passenger seat to be re-covered. The shop is doing any awesome job! The seat bottom was trashed, they had to make a new piece. I was told it was covered with 6 different layers of fabric, and the foam appeared to be original vintage...

Work has unfortunately been taking up so much of my time, that I have only had time to drive it and enjoy it on my days off, not a lot of work. But this is a good thing too! Remind myself why I'm going through all of this.

Added an ABC fire extinguisher and 12 volt power outlet (in the glovebox to hide it) in the cab this past week.

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Attached are a few more pictures, as promised. This is the truck as it sits this evening. Looking forward very much to seeing how the new passenger seat looks...

I used brush on bed liner and coated in the inside of my glovebox, in the picture you can see the 12 volt outlet I added. I wanted to make sure I don't get a dead cell phone just in case I break down! Also can see the placement of the fire extinguisher.

I've noticed that the truck has turned restoration, to more of something I can have fun with. Hey, thats cool I guess!

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

After a lot of thought, I decided to ditch my Braden LU-4 and go with an electric winch. Variety of reasons, mostly cost prohibitive. I got a 12,000 LB Badlands winch for a good deal unopened off craigslist, for the amount I will use it it'll be perfect.

Had a local welding shop (same one who did my manifold) weld up a mount I designed, and completed it today!
I like how we were able to hide the control box behind the license plate.

Also got a spare tire and canvas tailgate chain covers on, but no pictures of that

Went off-roading yesterday, beautiful day, had some fun!

Attachments

808Morgan

I own this truck now, we were delayed by covid and the fires but we are back on track. I'm doing an engine swap, probably an LS3, we were going to do a 318 but the LS is so easy and trouble free. I just got some Michelin XZL tires for her and we are restoring some combat wheels.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks