• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New toy

pwrwagonfire

A couple more shots on my M-37 with the new tires. Also added two new red reflectors to the rear tailgate today, it really needed them to brighten up the rear at night time.
The tires are 9.00x16 Power King Super Traction. Very happy with them so far.
Did some testing, confirmed my blower motor for the heater is dead.

Also included a shot of the new carb set up now that the air cleaner is back on. I removed all the vent lines from the air cleaner (they were all cut anyhow) and plugged them with brass plugs.

Attachments

Last edited:

pwrwagonfire

Took her out 4-wheeling for the first time today, went great! Can't stop smiling. Only issue that arose, was that after going through DEEP water, the fan belt slips and causes the truck temperature to raise up to about 230 from the usual 180. After a 5 minute cool down it goes back to a steady 180.

Do you gentlemen think that changing to a 6 blade fan from my 4 blade will help with cooling/increase horsepower at all?

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Been a little while since my last update! I've been driving her around on weekends, getting a lot of drive time locally. Last week, brought it up to my friend's shop, and the body work has begun!

Tons of holes in the driver's side of the bed, I had him patch them all up except for the antenna mount.
This truck had a lot of bodywork done in the past...bunch of bondo on the cowel.

Searching for a new windshield this week...mine is going to take a bunch of work to get up to speed.

Going to be primed and sealed, money being saved for paint!
My canvas roof has been ordered from New Life Canvas, should be here in a few weeks!

Attachments

DAP

I have an M37 outer windshield that is slightly bent but could be easily straightened. Unfortunately I am in hospital right now with AML Leukemia so if you are in a hurry I can't help you. PM off line. Shipping would be an issue unless you are coming close to Charlotte, NC some time and want to take a 45 minute side trip from there.

gabby4244

I have an M37 outer windshield that is slightly bent but could be easily straightened. Unfortunately I am in hospital right now with AML Leukemia so if you are in a hurry I can't help you. PM off line. Shipping would be an issue unless you are coming close to Charlotte, NC some time and want to take a 45 minute side trip from there.
Hoping your doing OK and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers !!

pwrwagonfire

I hope you get better soon! Keeping you in my thoughts

I think I've actually got a line on a good one locally, will be seeing it saturday, but I will keep your offer in mind

pwrwagonfire

Been awhile since the last post! Got the truck back from the body shop. Turned out great...still some things here and there to do (tailgate needs major help), also my new windshield frame is not on the truck yet. Ordered two NOS windshield assemblys from a supplier...one showed up cracked, and the seller said "not our fault wasnt cracked when we shipped it, file a claim." Won't be doing business there again. So I sit waiting to hear from UPS. :-x

So for now...the new windshield sits in my bud's garage till that's sorted out.

New top from New Life Canvas arrived, fits GREAT...cant say enough about its quality!

Will post better pictures later on tonight. ALSO, got my first two cruise nights in this weekend! Finally!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks