• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New toy

pwrwagonfire

Today I got all the soft top tie downs secured back on the truck. Drilled out the broken bolts for the under-the-hood latch and mounted it in place.

Called VPW and got a couple brackets ordered.

A little progress, but hey I'll take it!

Last edited:

1943ht

Looking good!!! Built and installed my own harness for both the M37 and the M101A1 Trailer .. used the original "hypalon" wire on my harnesses and the "parker" (SP) wire ends .. when I finished and had it all hooked up, I shut the shop lights off and ran all the vehicle lights thru different modes .. finished up with the blackout lights on the beast and the trailer and just sat there basking in the glow with a homemade brew ... it was such a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction to see all those rebuilt lights functioning again!!

tbone1004

congrats man, looks good. Mine is going to get done this winter... going to be a colossal pain with all of the extra electrical goodies that is going into it, but will be worth it in the end. Glad you got the harness installed though!

pwrwagonfire

Chugging along.

My buddy Rob cut and re-worked a blackout head lamp bracket for me to fit the passenger side, using it for a turn signal bracket.

All the wires are secured and run to the rear, connections made. Front harness run and secured, doing under the dash and the ignition next.
New gauges wired up...I pre-fer them to the old ones, electrical is the one major modification I am allowing myself to make as you can see.

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Got the new rubber headlight bushings installed today...a bit of dish soap and a lot of swearing later they are in! As you can see, I forgot to buy the paint, no biggie, re-assembled the headlights. New Wagner 12volt bulbs installed.

Got the passenger side headlight harness/turn signal all connected and finished. Put disconnects on the headlight pigtail in case I want to take the whole assembly off again in the future. Very satisfied how it came out.

Included is a picture of my friend and crack mechanic/garage owner Rob (mrcucv on SS). He is doing a ton of work on this truck for me helping me get it on the road. Wouldn't be moving nearly as quickly without him!

-T

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Attachments

M-37Bruce

I'm using Gamma Goat lamps on the rear, full red lense. I'm not sure what wire is what yet, I figure it out soon I hope? The wires are marked 21/22/460-461 and they are the same as regular M-Series lamps.

pwrwagonfire

More progress.

Got the driver's side headlight and turn signals all connected and neaten up/secured.

Me and Rob got under the hood today as well. The alternator, ignition system, voltage regulator and battery cables are all connected and heat shrunk.

It's starting to look like a truck now!

Next up: the dash and gauges.

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

This post is coming a bit late, but I've unfortunately been too busy to post updates.

Anyhow, the wiring was finished (as you saw in the photographs). Truck was insured, and on the road with plates as of October 19th! Been having a blast with it, but I have an issue with vacuum.

Just got the truck down to the shop Monday, and got my parts in the mail from MWM today. Once again, they were AWESOME to deal with.

Carb is being re-built, I replaced the rubber fuel line, and the steering gear box is having new seals put in.

Just bought the rest of the parts for my spare tire carrier, hopefully will be in this week. I1016130906.jpg1016130907.jpg
More updates to follow!

-T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks