• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My old M880

b00sted

Here's the truck I owned back in High School.

Had factory stock suspension with the fenders and bed trimmed to clear the 40x17" tires. Made for a pretty fun truck..Especially with no power steering.

b00sted

I'd really like to buy a bobbed Deuce on 46-49" tires like that guy 100dollarman out west sells them...Although that may not be very practical seeing as how I live on the southside of Chicago. ;) My neighbors would hate me even more than they already do.

I think a more reasonable idea is a CUCV that I can do stuff like a Cummins 6bt swap to down the road.

Most people on here would hate the idea, but I like modified stuff...I'm not big into restoration.

Bacto

How did you solve steering linkage clearance with tires that huge, i put 33x12,5" tires on mine and i had a clearance problem when i did a sharp left turn.

b00sted

I wasn't the one that put the wheels and tires on the truck...A local guy did.

I got a little rub when making tight turns as well...But that's common with most trucks with big tires. The back-spacing on the rim must have been just right to allow the tires to clear pretty well without sticking out too horribly. I actually like the way the tires sat on under the truck considering they were 17" wide.