• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My old M880

b00sted

Here's the truck I owned back in High School.

Had factory stock suspension with the fenders and bed trimmed to clear the 40x17" tires. Made for a pretty fun truck..Especially with no power steering.

b00sted

I'd really like to buy a bobbed Deuce on 46-49" tires like that guy 100dollarman out west sells them...Although that may not be very practical seeing as how I live on the southside of Chicago. ;) My neighbors would hate me even more than they already do.

I think a more reasonable idea is a CUCV that I can do stuff like a Cummins 6bt swap to down the road.

Most people on here would hate the idea, but I like modified stuff...I'm not big into restoration.

Bacto

How did you solve steering linkage clearance with tires that huge, i put 33x12,5" tires on mine and i had a clearance problem when i did a sharp left turn.

b00sted

I wasn't the one that put the wheels and tires on the truck...A local guy did.

I got a little rub when making tight turns as well...But that's common with most trucks with big tires. The back-spacing on the rim must have been just right to allow the tires to clear pretty well without sticking out too horribly. I actually like the way the tires sat on under the truck considering they were 17" wide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks