• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Resto Mod deuce build

M-1028

So, over 2 years ago I got the wise idea I wanted to bob my M35. I pull the bed and discover A LOT of rust on the frame, it was less than 1/8" thick where the factory rear suspension was riveted on. Upon further inspection, my parts trucks frame was in great shape. This turned into a full on nut and bolt restoration and some modifying along the way. I feel in love with the lifted bobbed trucks on 1600's so that's the direction I wanted to go.
Rusty frame
Duecebuild011_zpsb07a1a6b.jpg

Both trucks being tore down
Duecebuild007_zps9930f10a.jpg

Putting the good frame in the shop
Duecebuild033_zpsea26eb57.jpg

Cleaned up and sprayed with primer
Duecebuild052_zps22bcad1d.jpg

Mounted a Chevy power steering pump for the full hydro steering.
duecepump.jpg

Then I slowly started installing parts after they where cleaned up and rust free
Duecebuild069_zps7c5e24ba.jpg

M-1028

Most of the drivetrain mounted along with the on board air hose reel.
on board air.jpg

Custom steps
001.jpg

Painted everything under the cab
ready for the cab.jpg

Rust repair and fixing the crushed cowl on a third cab I found, the other 2 where too far gone due to rust
rust repair cab #3.jpgcrushed cowl.jpgnew cowl corner.jpg

Lizard skinned the bottom of the floor firewall and interior
lizard skinned floor and fire wall.jpglizard skinned cab.jpg

cab mounted
Cab mounted.jpg

I don't have many pics but every fuel and air line are new field serviceable hose and fittings rated for 3000 psi.
air lines.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Whats your opinion of the lizard skin? Your the first person I've found that has used it. Looks great so far!

M-1028

Snorkel
snorkle.jpg

dash installed with the new column and steering wheel with a quick disconnect
Steering wheel.jpg

Front lift mostly done, sorry some of these are out of order
Black rock fab lift.jpg

Rebuilding the axles, rear hubs where flipped, this was a mess!!!
Axle rebuild.jpgAxle rebuild2.jpg

M-1028

Whats your opinion of the lizard skin? Your the first person I've found that has used it. Looks great so far!
I only have experience with the thermal barrier stuff and I like it. Sprayed 4 vehicles now and it does help with heat, but does not hold up like bedliner, areas such as the floor pans will wear quickly. So I'd advise painting over it in those areas or running some kind of a floor mat over it.

M-1028

Front clip mounted, had some random rust and dent repair along the way. The cooler on front is for the power steering. I had to move it later due to the grill.
front clip bolted up.jpg

Rear tires mounted
Rear tires mounted.jpg

Got the front axle in and mounted the tires, had to roll it outside after 2 years of sitting in the same spot.
Roller.jpg

Got the drive shafts installed and took it for a spin and destroyed my hood, sad day. Latch those hoods guys!!
busted hood.jpg

Just enjoying it a little before I finish it and tear it down for paint.
Flexed out.jpg

M-1028

T case pto and Braden 30K winch
T case pto.jpgBraden winch.jpgWinch mounted.jpg

Swivel rifle mount, you can shoot from the passenger seat or stand on the step. Not sure why they are sideways
Rifle mount2.JPGRifle mount.JPG

M-1028

I will get some detailed pics of the seat mounts tomorrow. They do mount to the back of the cab, the seat bottoms fold up flat too, kinda neat. They came from a military vehicle, just not sure which one. I was told MRAT, but they look nothing like other seats I've seen.

ATPTac

Looking good! I like the rifle mount and seats. What kind of sweep range do you get with the rifle mount with the exhaust stack being right there? Seems like you'd only be able to aim to the front right of the truck and back.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the Deuce, the seats and real interested in seeing how the restraints mount.

The days of riding unrestrained in a deuce are over. Nice to see it done better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks