• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Resto Mod deuce build

M-1028

Some more pics and some little details on the truck.

Interior
finished interior.jpg

Center console painted up. Toggles are for front lights and front winch controls
center console painted.jpg

Everybody needs brass knuckles mounted on there truck.
brass knuckles.jpg

Cool sign a friend of mine gave me
fallout shelter.jpg

M-1028

Pneumatic controls for the rear winch, still need to mount the air cylinders and plumb it up
winch controls.jpg

Rear winch fairlead and cable, I wanted the cable under the bed, for looks and a little more safety.
rear fairlead.jpg
rear winch cable.jpg

red

quality work. Why not use the rear winch to pull stuff into the bed (cable above the bed, not under)?

Good spot for the controls, gives the operator protection in case the line breaks.

M-1028

quality work. Why not use the rear winch to pull stuff into the bed (cable above the bed, not under)?

Good spot for the controls, gives the operator protection in case the line breaks.
Thanks. Eventually I'm going to make a set of jin poles so I can lift and move heavy stuff. This truck is so tall and the bed doesn't have much room with the winch poking through, I just don't see the need to put anything in the bed.

JHS

Looks mint, Ive been waiting to see these pics! haha. I'm curious about specifically what those seats are out of. I did some searching but couldn't find exactly what yours look to be.

again, very nice build!

M-1028

Looks mint, Ive been waiting to see these pics! haha. I'm curious about specifically what those seats are out of. I did some searching but couldn't find exactly what yours look to be.

again, very nice build!
Thanks. I was told the seats are out of an mrap. I have no clue. I 'll see if I can find more info on them.

Last edited:

M-1028

So you have full hydro steering? How's it handle? And where did you get the boot guards from?
Yes to full hydro. It drives great, I've put about 1000 miles on the truck with the steering. The only problem is i have the wrong orbital valve (new used for super cheap). Only 2 turns lock to lock, so it's super sensitive on the street, and it's stressing the pump at slow speeds. So I've got to change it eventually, 3.5-4 turns is ideal.
Not sure where the boot guards came from, I bought them a couple years ago, I'll find out.