• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My son is a proud new M1009 owner! Bonus pics with CUCVLOVER who we met driving back

nyvram

IMG_20151001_224213.jpgIMG_20151001_224235.jpgIMG_20151001_224505.jpg

We brought 2 batteries with us, got it to start (after having sat for months) and were able to get it into DRIVE by starting it in neutral to get it onto trailer. Hope CUCVLOVER doesn't mind me posting his rig as he met us at Love's on the way back and gave my son a ton of advice and checked it out from top to bottom.

Very happy..I'll bow out now and let my son take the story from here once he signs up.

Thanks again CUCVLOVER. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your dad. Love the M1008!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you where able to join the MV crowd. Looks like a good purchase.

dmetalmiki

Great stuff, dad son, into the hobby..and now to get involved in all things "green" and attend shows, meet like minded enthuthiasts..and (new) like minded friends..All round Win.

fitz

Great story & a few great looking trucks.
This will be a great father & son hobby.
CUCYLOVER, great job of stepping up the the plate and giving some pointers to a new member of our club.

WELCOME, That is how I started with my son 5 yrs ago and many shows and swap meets under our belts. Good clean fun and good people and a sickness! My son is 19 now and drives a M1008 as a daily drive that is one of many we have.You can never replace the good times we had feeding our green appetite!

nyvram

Cucv.. Fixed the horn.. The button had been put on backwards.

Also fixed the shifting! It goes into drive and reverse now. She is in great shape.. next step fix radiator leak.

CUCVLOVER

Cucv.. Fixed the horn.. The button had been put on backwards.

Also fixed the shifting! It goes into drive and reverse now. She is in great shape.. next step fix radiator leak.
Dude that was funny when the horn would not shut up.
Good thing I showed your son the black out switch order.

How did you fix the shift issue?

Also check the small rubber line from the water crossover to the water pump.
Did Jake get his account going?

Last edited:

nyvram

Jake was out of town the last couple days visiting his mom without internet access.

The timing of the keyed ignition switch was out of whack and it needed a neutral start safety switch ( which we replaced with a new one ).

Fortunately nothing was broken so we were able to repair it and get it going.

Next we need to tackle the radiator leak and fix a few burnt out bulbs.

And of course an oil change!

Al Harvey

Might want to see if you can find a radiator shop that still repairs them. I had one fixed the other day in Clarksville for about $70 that required a lot of repair and a seperate one cleaned and a couple small things fixed for $50.

CUCVLOVER

Jake was out of town the last couple days visiting his mom without internet access.

The timing of the keyed ignition switch was out of whack and it needed a neutral start safety switch ( which we replaced with a new one ).

Fortunately nothing was broken so we were able to repair it and get it going.

Next we need to tackle the radiator leak and fix a few burnt out bulbs.

And of course an oil change!
Ok.
Headlights are easy, about 15 apiece from Napa for some nice Sylvania's, or look up led headlights, a couple guys here use them.
Glad the ignition was easy.

When you change the oil watch your filter, if you buy a filter that is twice as long as the stock one it rubs some metal lines I think the trans coolers lines.
Good luck

nyvram

Thanks Chase and Al. We will try to repair the radiator first. Did you find a mechanic in Clarksville or Nashville? Nevermind I see you said Clarksville.

Both headlights work.. Just 2 marker lights out.

On the same subject.. 3 out of 4 black out lights still with perfectly. For the one that didn't work.. The screws look corroded and fragile so I'm afraid we will break it trying to take it off.. and I'm not sure if it's an electrical issue or burned out bulb.

The diesel is over a year old but doesn't seem to be causing any issues running. Should we drain that anyway?

Any good deals on stock tires? Probably going to replace those soon as well.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks