• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck got NOS!!!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have pictures of ice in florida. so it may but useful. but i havent figured out how to fill it back up.
NAPA has the replacement ether canisters. If you buy one would you please post up the NAPA part number?

When I have trouble cold starting an engine, I almost ~never use ether.

If I have electrical power close, I use an electric heat gun pointed into the intake. This works well on gas engines too. Got a Honda Trail 90 going yesterday that hadn't run in 30 years. Wouldn't start until I put some heat into the carb.

On diesel engines I usually have an assistant with a propane torch pointed towards the air intake. If you burn the air filter it's your own fault :-D

A rag soaked with diesel and set on fire also works held over the intake but I don't like that one much. Use at your own risk. If you do set something afire, please take pictures.

Machinist22

So . . . It's either ether or eather but it could be NOX not NOS.:cookoo:

I know how to spell both, we just need to figure out what it is.

Open the line and smell it. If you start laughing then it's NOXrofl. If you start running then it's ether:driver:.

I hope I have helped tremendously![thumbzup]

Riktord

Open the line and smell it. If you start laughing then it's NOXrofl. If you start running then it's ether:driver:.
Not exactly. There are two forms of nitrous oxide. Medical and Industrial. One has sulphur and the other does not. One will get you high and the other can kill you.

Either way the unfortunate tie to the brand NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) has been permanently burned into the fabric of society buy hill-billy mechanics and ****ty action flicks like Fast and Furious...

It's called nitrous oxide or nitrous for short... not NOS... or even worse... NAWZ!!! :driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should either RTFM, or use the search function.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A deuce with factory installed Nitrous, Yeah......:cookoo: What's a TM?........

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is something left in the can please don't sniff it. No really, don't.

But do RTFM as DH suggested.

sw

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought we were going to see some sweet new parts found languishing on a shelf somewhere. Nope, just another opportunity to "teach".
:-?

BlizzardX23

haha... Our 1SG used to always say that in formation..(since we were the maintenance unit)..."If you dont know what something is, or how to do it...RTFM!"

Machinist22

So . . . It's either ether or eather but it could be NOX not NOS.:cookoo:

I hope I have helped tremendously![thumbzup]
Totally kidding, by the way. DO NOT sniff your bottle juice! EVER! Come on! :cookoo:

Not exactly. There are two forms of nitrous oxide. Medical and Industrial. One has sulphur and the other does not. One will get you high and the other can kill you.

Either way the unfortunate tie to the brand NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) has been permanently burned into the fabric of society buy hill-billy mechanics and ****ty action flicks like Fast and Furious...

It's called nitrous oxide or nitrous for short... not NOS... or even worse... NAWZ!!! :driver:
I know the "unfortunate tie" will probably always be there and will result in constant re-education. aua

And yes, I know there's a difference between medical Nitrous Oxide and Racing Nitrous Oxide. Thanks for that though. :doh:

JasonS

ETHER, not either. And I assume you were referring to nitrous? Which is NOX.
NOx is a term that describes oxides of nitrogen (NO and NO2) which are a component of vehicle exhaust and contribute to photochemical smog. NOy describes NO3 and so on. N2O is nitrous oxide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks