• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck is on gl.

ABN173

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought perhaps you were spearheading the sale of your truck on GL, seem to recall they were going to start offering that service. To bad you were not able to get the truck you used while in the service.

-Dale

71DeuceAK

I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but Wreckerman related this story to me the other day after I related my own bizarre small world story involving Steel Soldiers; I hope one day you and "your" M927A2 reunite! I wish you luck on the eventual purchase!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be a worthy project to crowd source a purchase from WR and donate the truck to the OP.

WIN for WR for a successful truck flip.
WIN to the OP to re reunited with his rig
WIN for this group to do what's right

I don't know how to set it up, but I'd sure participate.

Rick

71DeuceAK

Don't know if I'd actually be able to contribute much financially to said cause (maybe something like $20 just to show my support and that I care) but I'd like to see that happen too. It'd be another example of how wonderful this group truly is! I'd be curious if such a thing would actually pan out. I'm not sure how to set it up either, but it has my support as far as mindset is concerned!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
So my good friend wreckerman got it, well, all i need to do now is keep saving, and maybe, just maybe he will sell it to me when i have all my $. Does that sound like a plan wreckerman?
I still have the truck although I did modify it so I could pull a van trailer with it.

I have not modified anything else although I would like to straight pipe it, put in a less restrictive air cleaner and have the engine turned up a little.

I also have a 20 foot dropside bed that came off a Marine Corps truck so if I want to put it back to a long bed I want have to search far.

I did sell the original bed and cargo cover to a fellow member so it might still be available if someone wanted it back in completely original form.

It is for sale but since the long beds are somewhat rare it will not be cheap. I think I quoted someone $14,000.00 for the truck and van trailer.

Of course I'd cut Deuce-Coupe a break on it since there is a connection there.

Attachments

71DeuceAK

Another thought: What about a GoFundMe campaign to source the monies needed for Duece-Coupe to buy his former truck? It would thus be somewhat more universal and probably easier for everyone to contribute to. I don't know if the forum rules allow it to be linked to on here at all but it's something to explore in my opinion. Thoughts anyone? Not that I'd be any massive contributor but I'd "still" like to see it happen. We probably need a new thread for this anyway if it goes much further, the title of this is now so misleading LOL.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What about a GoFundMe campaign to source the monies needed for Duece-Coupe to buy his former truck?
I just went through a failed Indigogo campaign to raise money for my movie.

These things are iffy and there are some restrictions on what happens if you don't reach a goal.

I'd do a lot of research first.

71DeuceAK

Of course it will require more research, just something to consider in the meantime. It's not like there's truly a "deadline" in this case, which I can see causing issues unless a deadline was set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks