• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck is on gl.

DUECE-COUPE

I used to work at the USP&FO Warehouse on Camp Blanding, and was there when A-4 was turned in by the Supply NCO. he told me it was there and I had a break so I went out to the yard and took pics of the old girl,. It brought back memories of calibration runs ad Class 1 runs to Camp Blanding, as well as the Convoy to Ft Stewart for Annual Training. I wish there was a way to park A-4 in the yard, and I greatly appreciate all the offers of support to make this happen, but I also know that somethings are not meant to be. I am grateful for all the offers of support. Thank You all for trying to help, SFC Gagnon, U.S. Army (RET)

greenjeepster

Well I hope an SS member ends up with her. I would hate it if it sold and we were unable to find out what ever happened to it.

Good luck to those members bidding

m816

If you have a change of heart, I'm in for twenty bucks as well. I have three five tons and they are my prized posesions. You will always be loking for your truck I only hope it finds it's way back to you.:grd:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess everyone can donate to Wreckerman as he won it today.

Deuce-Coupe maybe he will let you come by and check it out.

Last edited:
That's an amazing story. I had a Deuce that I was mighty fond of at my last duty station before I retired. It was an A3 and it was the supply deuce for Co C, 961st Engr Bn (Cbt)(Hvy). I can see it's bumper number to this day - it was C10. As my unit was deactivated after I retired, chances are it was reassigned to some other unit. If it ever comes up for auction on the GL site I would think hard about bidding. The only trouble I had with it was the CTIS that didn't keep the tires filled properly. Other than that, the engine and the Allison automatic were good runners.

DUECE-COUPE

So my good friend wreckerman got it, well, all i need to do now is keep saving, and maybe, just maybe he will sell it to me when i have all my $. Does that sound like a plan wreckerman?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
So my good friend wreckerman got it, well, all i need to do now is keep saving, and maybe, just maybe he will sell it to me when i have all my $. Does that sound like a plan wreckerman?

Send 12K in small unmarked bills to the address I PM'd to you or she goes to the scrapper.:evil:

Just kidding........I'll give you visitation rights and if you come to the GA Rally you can drive her.

I bought it to work like a rented mule........but I ain't married to it.......I'm easy but I ain't cheap.

Last edited:

DUECE-COUPE

Someday he will sell, and when he does, I will be there with a Clint Eastwood movie (Fist Full of Dollars) ready to buy. So if you all still want to donate to the "SFC Gagnons gona get his old truck back" fund, I would appreciate it. Wreckerman, please do not wear her out, she deserves better from a fellow retired Senior NCO.

Last edited: