• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck is on gl.

DUECE-COUPE

I used to work at the USP&FO Warehouse on Camp Blanding, and was there when A-4 was turned in by the Supply NCO. he told me it was there and I had a break so I went out to the yard and took pics of the old girl,. It brought back memories of calibration runs ad Class 1 runs to Camp Blanding, as well as the Convoy to Ft Stewart for Annual Training. I wish there was a way to park A-4 in the yard, and I greatly appreciate all the offers of support to make this happen, but I also know that somethings are not meant to be. I am grateful for all the offers of support. Thank You all for trying to help, SFC Gagnon, U.S. Army (RET)

greenjeepster

Well I hope an SS member ends up with her. I would hate it if it sold and we were unable to find out what ever happened to it.

Good luck to those members bidding

m816

If you have a change of heart, I'm in for twenty bucks as well. I have three five tons and they are my prized posesions. You will always be loking for your truck I only hope it finds it's way back to you.:grd:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess everyone can donate to Wreckerman as he won it today.

Deuce-Coupe maybe he will let you come by and check it out.

Last edited:
That's an amazing story. I had a Deuce that I was mighty fond of at my last duty station before I retired. It was an A3 and it was the supply deuce for Co C, 961st Engr Bn (Cbt)(Hvy). I can see it's bumper number to this day - it was C10. As my unit was deactivated after I retired, chances are it was reassigned to some other unit. If it ever comes up for auction on the GL site I would think hard about bidding. The only trouble I had with it was the CTIS that didn't keep the tires filled properly. Other than that, the engine and the Allison automatic were good runners.

DUECE-COUPE

So my good friend wreckerman got it, well, all i need to do now is keep saving, and maybe, just maybe he will sell it to me when i have all my $. Does that sound like a plan wreckerman?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
So my good friend wreckerman got it, well, all i need to do now is keep saving, and maybe, just maybe he will sell it to me when i have all my $. Does that sound like a plan wreckerman?

Send 12K in small unmarked bills to the address I PM'd to you or she goes to the scrapper.:evil:

Just kidding........I'll give you visitation rights and if you come to the GA Rally you can drive her.

I bought it to work like a rented mule........but I ain't married to it.......I'm easy but I ain't cheap.

Last edited:

DUECE-COUPE

Someday he will sell, and when he does, I will be there with a Clint Eastwood movie (Fist Full of Dollars) ready to buy. So if you all still want to donate to the "SFC Gagnons gona get his old truck back" fund, I would appreciate it. Wreckerman, please do not wear her out, she deserves better from a fellow retired Senior NCO.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks