• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my version of big dumb trailer?

tm america

I've been parting out a m35a2c.Didn't feel like scrapping the frame so i decided to make a trailer out of it ..this is just the beginning of it.In the end it will have a m109 box installed backwards so the doors are to the front ..Where the gas tank was will be my generator. Fuel tank will be between the frame rails.The area above the battery box and tool bow is metal planking which will act as a deck ... I didnt like the idea of having to use a boarding ladder. so this way i have steps built in and a place to haul my quad.I ended up using a tongue with landing gear from a m105 .I"m setting it up so the box is fully self contained cuz i am gonna make a set up so i can innerchange beds on my truck i have now.This will allow me to use the box on the truck or trailer. and only take about five minutes to make the switch.

Attachments

KsM715

Awsome. Ive been toying with the same idea since I bobbed my deuce now I have the front tongue from the trailer, the bed and tandems from the deuce. I just need one rear axle and some frame rails. I know where to get both of those pretty easily.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Since he has a dump bed on his M35, I would imagine he envisions it working like a PLS. Just add rollers.

tm america

As gimp said i have a dump setup now.I am gonna run 6inch angle iron the length of the bed and a winch to pull it up with rollers at the back then it will just pin into place .the only mods to the bed will be notching the front out to clear the dump framework and atttaching a place for the cable to hook to.gimpy pm me the info a trade would be great.basically i will raise the dump then winch the bed up.Pin it in place and go.. This will act like a pls truck.But function like a pipeline truck that the bed raises up to help things slide-line up

Last edited:

rustystud

Guess as long as when the truck turns it does not throw a crazy drive line angle.
Floridianson you've been in a cranky mood lately. Every idea I mention you have some negative thing to say about it. This is just a pipe dream. I don't expect to see anyone ever try it, it just is a cool idea. Like flying to the moon in a home built rocket ship !
Though this idea could come to pass if some creative people got together and solved some problems. Like using "Double Cardan" joints, and a short jack-shaft from the rear differential to a driveline carrier bearing (like long trucks use) mounted on the rear of the bumperetts. From there you would use a "Double Cardan" jointed driveshaft to another carrier bearing mounted on the trailer hitch. If the "Haglund" solved these problems I'm sure others could solve this problem too. Myself I would never try it as I have so many other projects to complete before I die. Maybe some young buck here will take this challenge up and who knows maybe come up with some great idea that works wonders ! I never try and stifle dreams, though I do give honest opinion. But this is just dreams here not anyone actually asking for advice on how to do it.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those crazy Russians are always coming up with fixes for difficult problems. I think there must be a "Mad Scientist Gene" in the Russian people !
This truck and trailer is still way cool though ! and I bet it is some home made system too.
The truck is Russian but the language is Polish

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see a drive line so are the rears driven by hydraulic.
No Rusty not cranky and it was not aimed at you but just my opinion from the first drive shaft comment. I always throw out my .02 there on anything. That's the beauty of the web and I am not here to stroke any ones ego. When I need my ego stroked I go to my little pony.com so they can tell me how pretty I am. I know you are sensitive but G wiz I don't think the idea of a power trailer was yours to begin with.
The only other problem I see with a power trailer on the 5th wheel or on the pintle would be it could push the trucks rear sideways and jackknife the hole thing up at the wrong time.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks