• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my version of big dumb trailer?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, about halfway through they show driveshafts, through the middle of the 5th wheel plate.

rustystud

I don't see a drive line so are the rears driven by hydraulic.
No Rusty not cranky and it was not aimed at you but just my opinion from the first drive shaft comment. I always throw out my .02 there on anything. That's the beauty of the web and I am not here to stroke any ones ego. When I need my ego stroked I go to my little pony.com so they can tell me how pretty I am. I know you are sensitive but G wiz I don't think the idea of a power trailer was yours to begin with.
The only other problem I see with a power trailer on the 5th wheel or on the pintle would be it could push the trucks rear sideways and jackknife the hole thing up at the wrong time.
Since you know I am so sensitive why do you always hurt my feelings ?!?! LOL !!!!! I was referring to your last dozen or so comments. Cranky.
If you watch closely they only engage the trailer wheels when it got stuck. I don't believe they drive it with that engaged all the time. I really like how they use a 45 degree gear box to go through the fifth wheel plate and then another one to go to the rear axles of the trailer. Very creative.

rustystud

Actually Floridianson I've been the cranky one lately. The last couple of days have been hard ones. I was working on my deuce winch-bumper project and all the heavy lifting really got all the old injuries angry ! It's a fine line (pain management wise) between dealing with the pain and going comatose !
All that aside, I wonder how they disengage the drive-line through the fifth-wheel plate when they want to remove the trailer ? Or is the trailer "permanently" mounted to the truck now ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks