• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Naive question...What do you do with your Deuce?

Akicita

I confidently shop at the Home Depot and Lowe's knowing that however much of whatever I put on my cart will fit into the Deuce including gutters, PVC pipes, fence.
Also hauled wood, dirt, horse apples (for the garden), a bunch of 55 gallon steel drums, and more.
Delivered a large quantity of clothing donations to Purple Heart.
Pulled a few trees out of my garden and used the winch to remove stumps.
And I went grovery shopping a few times and once to get a cup of coffee.

lawdog1623

i joined a local mv chapter and use it in parades. I live in a small town and nearly everyone knows me...so when i show up at the elementary to drop off my 3 kids, its no surprise to anyone to see my kids getting out of my deuce. They just kinda do this :shock: and go on about their business. i also have fun taking the kids on hayrides and i usually get it out for church getaways because the kids love it. My sons baseball team took their team picture in the bed of mine.

STrider3

Mine usually hauls hay. I can easily fit 100 square bales in the bed and I am certain that I could get alot more in there if I needed. the other times it get driven is if I am feeling social I will take it into town. It never fails to start a conversion with someone. I recently sold my absolutely mint condition 1978 Jeep Cherokee Chief and I can absolutely say that my deuce gets far more attention than the hugger orange Jeep ever did.

bajajoaquin

I think that "uses" come in two forms around here: work, and fun. Some (most?) people do both. Work uses include farm and ranch jobs, of course. If you have those needs, they kinda speak for themselves.

Fun is mostly the hobby aspect of it. If that's the route you're interested in taking, flip the question around. What are you going to do with a '64 Cadillac? Or a Harley Fat Boy? Or a whatever? You're going to drive it around, and enjoy the ride. When you get tired of it you'll sell it and get something else. If you really dig it, you'll buy another one.

barefootin

I can't add much... I use it for everything that I used my Chevy truck for in the past. It's been used for going to the local lumber yard, hauling wood/pellets/mulch, pulling stumps, going for breakfast with the kids, going to visit grandma, moving family/friends, or just a drive. I have no regrets on ownership and love driving it.
The only thing to be aware of is possible restrictions on local roads. I have to drive a few miles out of my way to take it to work due to 3 to 5 Ton limits or no truck signs on some local roads...

jtrojan715

ive had mine for about a year. so far its been in parades helped me move did a sledpull with it, sold fire wood out of it, camped. spent alot of time talking to people about it. this summer want to take it to the coast to go camping on the beach

wiggall

THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST AKA ( 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2W/W ) she does Parades, car shows, and WORKS! Haul gravel, compost, firewood, pulll out rose bushes! And is JUST FUN!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks