• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA parts list for M 135?

USMC 00-08

I have an M 135 and can not seem to find too many parts for it online. Does anyone have a parts list with part #'s that they have put together that lists the parts that you can get from NAPA or any other parts store?

USMC 00-08

I will probably need a lot but have not gotten into it very far at all yet. I will for sure need everything for a tune up, oil change etc. to start with. Will also need an air filter and the hose that connects to it. Not sure yet about brakes. It is going to need a muffler and most of the exhaust system replaced.

I am just trying to find good sources of parts before I tear into it. The truck was parked for 20 years and I checked the fluids, put some gas and batteries in it and it started!!! All the gauges looked good but I did not want to run it very long without servicing it. I drove it a few feet and and it would not shift out of 1st gear. The person that gave it to me said that the transmission worked fine when he parked it so hopefully it is nothing too serious.

I know where there are 2 M135s parked so I will be talking to their owners to see if they would like to sell them. That may get me some of the parts I need.

Are there any M35 parts that are interchangeable with an M135?

gunboy1656

Have your looked at Alfa Heaven for the parts you need?

Not sure you are going to find many parts for it at NAPA. Have fun trying to come up with a muffler, they are hard to find and not cheap.

Not too many parts are interchangeable between the 2 trucks.

citizensoldier

I don't have the numbers but have been told you can get all the brake parts for them still through NAPA, oil filter, and many other parts. That's one thing GM did not slack on was parts production. If I find the numbers I will post them.
I also have extra take off parts for them..

nattieleather

When I had my M211 I had an exhust custom made for it at a local muffler shop. I took them the truck and the manual showing them what the original looked like. Mine was long gone and they made one that was pretty close to the original. The only difference was that It didn't have the same connecting flanges and instead hooked like a modern exhust with ubolts to clamp down and the stack was one piece instead of two. Some of the brake parts can be had at NAPA and some other truck shops. Unfortunatly I have moved twice since I had the truck and I can't find my civilian parts list anymore.

hippiedude

PM . CAPSARME ....... he as lots of tuneup parts and alot of other stuff .... Check out the classifieds , and there is lots of stuff on E-bay ..........Good luck . Tim

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Condenser: NAPA Echlin RR174 or RR175
Cups in wheel cylinders: NAPA United 14451 I honed them out and rebuilt them
Oil Filters: Hastings 106; AC P-117; Fram C-31or C-31P; Purolator P-50
Air cleaner is oil bath, no dry element installed
Wheel hub axle seal inner: National 2275398 Victor 47798
Winch end seal: Chicago Rawhide 48693 This also used in M35 series
I had good luck at NAPA with getting parts for the civilian GMC 302 engine of the same year. All engine gaskets, etc. They do have the military spark plugs, but very pricey.
Regards Marti

Section8

The numbers I came up with for brakes.
Master cylinder: Napa 2842
Wheel cylinder: GMC 2285332 or WC15306
Front brake lines: Napa: 4751 5/16 flare
Rear brake lines: Napa: 36540 keep existing lockwasher and nut as these aren't included.

Last edited:

cmpman

For a deal on the spark plugs, I mail order from rockauto.com. The 2243 or 2245 shielded spark plugs are around $6 each. My local NAPA (in Canada) wants $$38.49 each for them. NAPA trade price is $21.02....still no bargain.

CatMan

Many years ago Dennis Spence compiled a cross reference for many different vehicles with civilian part numbers from various vendors including NAPA. It is still available from Portrayal press, but he is getting out of the business. The book is called "ARMY VEHICLE PARTS GUIDE". Done in the days before the internet and spread sheets, it is a valuable tool. I always take my copy with me when visiting the NAPA store. They love it! I think it is also available through MVPA Supply room.

Cat Man

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many years ago Dennis Spence compiled a cross reference for many different vehicles with civilian part numbers from various vendors including NAPA. It is still available from Portrayal press, but he is getting out of the business. The book is called "ARMY VEHICLE PARTS GUIDE". Done in the days before the internet and spread sheets, it is a valuable tool. I always take my copy with me when visiting the NAPA store. They love it! I think it is also available through MVPA Supply room.

Cat Man
I tried to phone http://www.portrayal.com/manuals.html to get the low-down on stock and closing and the fax. is on only. There is however, a new note on their site that it will be continue under new ownership so that is good news.

Thanks Catman, I miss you kids, hugs. I'm going to ask if there's any copyright or wrong on "ARMY VEHICLE PARTS GUIDE" and add more data to the SS ssite.

I know there was some activity on-going to get the G-749 TM's back up in the TM section so everything helps.

:tank:

butch atkins

At on time SS Website I had ALL of my G-749 TMs and manuals posted even had a bunch of Tech upgrades and other publications I offered to the site.I sent all my manuals to another SS member who was kind enough to scan all of them to the sites library,where they were available to everyone for awhile.After I made a negative post about an event at an SS rally ,the exact amount of G-749 manuals was removed and majically reappeared in another SS member/vendors website.A lot of G-749 info was here at one time.Maybe someone other than myself should ask the moderators where it all went ,and why it was never posted back to the website.Good luck to all on your projects.

tlmob1

Just wondering if anybody has a more detailed listing parts cross over list for a M135? I though I came across a thread that might of had one but I can't remember. Any assistance would be greatly appriciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks