• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA parts list for M 135?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulling a Radar O'reilly on this one.

Wheel Cylinders in the book are wagner lockheed #14413

Here's a thread from 06' http://www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-7206.html

There are two sizes, hope this doesn't get political, but the Canadians have bigger ones then the Americans. Think it's the cold.

The book is good but not complete or current to 2013, ........ we can fix that. Whatcha lookin' for?

cmpman

There are two sizes, hope this doesn't get political, but the Canadians have bigger ones then the Americans. Think it's the cold.
I think I have mentioned this before, but if you go to the larger Canadian cylinders (or back to the smaller ones) you have to change the pins to match. The pins come with the new cylinders, so not sure why someone wouldn't, but it used to happen. The brakes will lock up if you use old pins with new cylinders. I recall a message on this back when I used to work on these trucks in the military, but that is going back 30 years now.

USMC 00-08

Hey guys..I was looking around over on the M35 section and found a parts quick reference page that was put together. I have wanted to do that for our trucks but do not have the software or the knowhow to complete one. I also don't know if there are many parts at NAPA, Autozone, etc. that would work on G749 series trucks to make a list like this practical for us. Take a look at the link from the M35 section and let me know what you think. Also are there any computer savvy persons among us that could make up a sheet like this? If not, I will see what I can do to get the software and learn how to do it. Here is the link...http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?82427-Deuce-Parts-Quick-Reference-Spreadsheet

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm surprised Gunfreak hasn't put one together yet. Dennis Spence put an extensive Army Vehicle Parts Guide together and it has a pile of G749 cross-overs. This thread that you started years ago has great beginnings and the perfect title so we'll keep adding until winter hits and maybe I'll drink enough to volunteer to do that.

Very impressive effort on the Deuce link and it sets the bar pretty high for spreadsheets. Something like that would be very helpful, good call, good link.

USMC 00-08

I am in the process of figuring out how to do one of these spread sheets to get our parts list going. I was also thinking of including links to the really good "how to" threads. (Example: Air pack rebuild, Gunfreaks stuff on rebuilding wiring harness, etc.) If any of you know of any of these, PM them to me. Also any parts that are interchangeable with any M-series vehicle(Example: parts from M-35s, etc. that will work on G749s, air pack repair kits,etc.), paint codes and anything that you think needs to be on the list.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Macopats

TM 9-8024 has the major components split into sections which we used a little to guide our re-build. It was good to take the giant elephant and cut it into manageable pieces.

It starts with Ignition System, Fuel and Air intake, Exhaust System, Cooling System, Starting System, Generating System.......and so on.

That Sequence makes a lot of sense and breaks the truck into 'manageable' areas to work on. Your plan on adding 'how to' links to each of the component sections is perfect. Lots of different ways to lay-out a spread-sheet so let us know how else we can help.

Finding all those how to threads can be done a little easier through this link and I'll help out diggin' up the threads with good content when I can. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/f-18.html

Cool plan,
MACOPATS

G749 Master Access Crossover Parts List and Tip Sheet….

Attachments

USMC 00-08

Great idea! I have all the TMs. Didn't think of breaking it down like that, but that would be the best way. Now I need to read through the TM's too. When done, maybe we can get a sticky using your title. Once I get the form going, we can email it back and forth and get it knocked out quicker if you like.

Last edited:

USMC 00-08

Absolutely! PM me your email and I'll send you what I have on MS Word. I'll work on getting it all on a spreadsheet when I am finished gathering info. Whoever wants to help is more than welcome to do so.

tlmob1

Lets put together a Spreed Sheet with all the cross over parts info. This will help in keeping these old trucks on the road and out of the scrap heeps.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Behind the scenes 4 G749 owners have drafted a spreadsheet and are emailing it around the globe, adding part numbers, color, texture, harmony, rhythm and balance.

Check your email G749men, tlmob1 added some info on the original draft and I have sent that and the new ""G749 Crossover Parts List 2013"" to all of you.

Some copy and paste work required but it's a great start.

USMC 00-08

Is the elusive spead sheet still in research and development stages?
It is still being put together and part numbers added as they are discovered.

This is a good thread I would like to see the spread sheet.
If anyone wants to see a copy of the sheet, PM me your email address and I will send it. Keep in mind it is far from complete. It is an Excel document. Several of us are working on it so if you have part numbers to add, let me know what they are and I will add them. The plan is to get the list posted in a sticky on the forum when we get further along on it.

From Liberal? I just moved to NE Oklahoma from Garden City, KS. I hadn't seen you on here before. What kind of truck do you have?

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
USMC 00-08 Yeah I have been a member for a while but I really had not been on until just lately. I have a 1942 CCKW, 2 1952 M211's 1 parts and a one to restore, M931 tractor I am upgrading and an M923. What do you have?

USMC 00-08

Has anyone discovered any new part numbers since January that I can add to the spreadsheet? If so post them or send me a PM and I will add them. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks