• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC transportation Museum Deuce

wb1895

Recently my family and I went to the NC tranportation Museum to look at trains and old cars. Well, I noticed in an off limits area that they had a deuce getting rather dusty.

I inquired about the truck and was not able to get a good answer to what they were doing with it. So, I sent in a volunteer packet and was accepted as a rubber wheeled volunteer.

The first day I went in was this last Tuesday. (of course I drove my deuce) When I arrived I was finally able to inquire about the deuce and ask to work on it. I was told that they had recieved the truck from the sate of Nc several months ago and they didnt have anybody to work on it so, I told them I was their man and the offer was accepted!!

Their deuce is a 1971 M35A2 W/W, C turbo, and M66 gun ring. After looking the truck over, the only defects I found was a leaky front axle, no batteries and a terrible paint job.

Anyways, I checked the fluids and threw some power to her and she fired right up!! She even had good brakes ( scary, I know ). I got to driver the truck around the property then completed a lube order before the day was over.

I apologize to the SS picture gods for not taking any, but I promise to take some soon.

I/ the museum is looking for any parts and or accesories that anybody would be willing to donate to get her restored. Things we need are:

Heater ducting
a jerry can
pioneer tools
a .50 mount
a mock .50 cal
axle seals
paint

Thanks for reading and I hope to see some of you soon.

84crawling

Ill send you my good D-turbo to swap out, cuss im sure that old worn out C-tubo needs somthing like my truck bolted to it lol.

what a find :drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks