• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NC transportation Museum Deuce

wb1895

Recently my family and I went to the NC tranportation Museum to look at trains and old cars. Well, I noticed in an off limits area that they had a deuce getting rather dusty.

I inquired about the truck and was not able to get a good answer to what they were doing with it. So, I sent in a volunteer packet and was accepted as a rubber wheeled volunteer.

The first day I went in was this last Tuesday. (of course I drove my deuce) When I arrived I was finally able to inquire about the deuce and ask to work on it. I was told that they had recieved the truck from the sate of Nc several months ago and they didnt have anybody to work on it so, I told them I was their man and the offer was accepted!!

Their deuce is a 1971 M35A2 W/W, C turbo, and M66 gun ring. After looking the truck over, the only defects I found was a leaky front axle, no batteries and a terrible paint job.

Anyways, I checked the fluids and threw some power to her and she fired right up!! She even had good brakes ( scary, I know ). I got to driver the truck around the property then completed a lube order before the day was over.

I apologize to the SS picture gods for not taking any, but I promise to take some soon.

I/ the museum is looking for any parts and or accesories that anybody would be willing to donate to get her restored. Things we need are:

Heater ducting
a jerry can
pioneer tools
a .50 mount
a mock .50 cal
axle seals
paint

Thanks for reading and I hope to see some of you soon.

84crawling

Ill send you my good D-turbo to swap out, cuss im sure that old worn out C-tubo needs somthing like my truck bolted to it lol.

what a find :drool: