• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a 10 ton tractor

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on big A truck on ebay now, 1982 M920 super nice truck has single 1600s on all 4 axles, even the pick up middle axle is a driive axle, looks so neat, i saved all the pic to drool over, Tim

AMGeneral

I agree,the 123 series dwarfs all of the other M series trucks of it's age,haven't gotten the chance to drive one yet(my 2 are still in pieces but still searching for that third truck :D )but I've been told they are quite a handful.But still looking foward to the challenge.

Cdub

how does the M911 compare to todays over the road tractors that pull 53' trailers.........is there much difference......???

Thanks,

C'dub

redass73

I agree,the 123 series dwarfs all of the other M series trucks of it's age,haven't gotten the chance to drive one yet(my 2 are still in pieces but still searching for that third truck )but I've been told they are quite a handful.But still looking foward to the challenge
you lucky man.. i would trade my old lady in a second for one of those monsters." i know there would be less headaches" lol

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I rode in one with DD. I felt like a bad mother, even from the passenger seat. I can only imagine how tough you would feel with a 757 in tow carrying a MBT.

M1075

Cdub said:
how does the M911 compare to todays over the road tractors that pull 53' trailers.........is there much difference......???

Thanks,

C'dub
Therer is a big difference between the M911 and commercial OTR tractors. The M911 is a larger truck, automatic, 6 wheel drive, and maxes out between 45-50 mph. GVWR is probably a lot higher too. Fuel milieage is dismal. Perfect for hauling tanks and large equipment off road, not so perfect for driving around in traffic or down the interstate.

When I drove one recently on the interstate, I noticed you sit so high than you literally look over the top of other semis and grain trailers.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mack also made a 10-ton cargo, only a couple hundred, in the 1950s, called the M125. BKubu had one a while back that was in MVM. Used to tow heavy 155mm, 175mm, and 8-inch arty pieces, prior to the mobile arty taking over. Used a LeRoi gas 8-cylinder engine. VERY big. Much more useful than a tractor.

From olive-drab.com:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks