• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a 10 ton tractor

bugei

now my day is going to be wasted just looking at that picture of "jumbo". I WANT ONE, actually, i would like 2, but would settle for one. i am thinking bob the back end and make it into a PICK UP. watch out international cxts, "there's a new sheriff in town".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
redass73 said:
impressive!...is the same 20k front winch like the 5 tons.
LOL. To give you a little idea of the size of jumbo, go out to the back of your wrecker and have a looksee at the winch. THAT'S the winch on the front of Jumbo. Yep folks, it's a 45,000 pounder.

littlebob

I think the testosterone gets the better of us most times, I want an M125, but I also want a 75' Yacht, but I don't have the funds for either.
littlebob

NEIOWA

Cdub said:
how does the M911 compare to todays over the road tractors that pull 53' trailers.........is there much difference......???

Thanks,

C'dub
As other points made. But drives very easy, cut angle not so tight so ditch to ditch making the corner of a rural gravel road. I've not pulled an M747 trailer (now there is an appropriate Mil desgnation).

Combined GVWR is 192,000lb (Tractor only - 85000lb on 4 axles). BUT remember the new HET is more as the M911/M747 was to small for the uparmored M1s.

Cdub

NEIOWA said:
Cdub said:
how does the M911 compare to todays over the road tractors that pull 53' trailers.........is there much difference......???

Thanks,

C'dub
As other points made. But drives very easy, cut angle not so tight so ditch to ditch making the corner of a rural gravel road. I've not pulled an M747 trailer (now there is an appropriate Mil desgnation).

Combined GVWR is 192,000lb (Tractor only - 85000lb on 4 axles). BUT remember the new HET is more as the M911/M747 was to small for the uparmored M1s.
The GVWR is just OUTSTANDING..........I would like to see a semi parked next
to it just to get some kind of scale.........

C'dub

DMgunn

Love that crazy avatar, C'dub!

I agree with Littlebob. I have an obsession with the M123s...and now the M125, too, dammit. But I have a 5-ton for no reason other than I think they are so cool. I can't justify it at all (and don't need to BTW) - everything I really need to do can be done with a 3/4-ton and a trailer. I could have a scale model to look at, but it just isn't the same. So I have a real truck that is similar to the almighty 10-tons, but just more useable (speed, mpg, etc.) in the real world. I should be content - no, thrilled, really. But we Americans always want more...........

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price on the M911 was around $72,000 or so. It's high, but it has been rebuilt to like new condition. Try buying a new M911 for anything less than $250,000. At least, that's my reasoning.

TacticalTruck

I've got one for $72K but I'll need a $30k deposit so I can go buy one for the going rate.... :D ...that's my reasoning. I did not know a CARC paint job was a rebuild.
Jeff

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just telling you what the Oshkosh person on eGay told me, that the entire truck had been rebuilt down to depot level. Truck was used, but rebuilt to like new specs.

I wouldn't pay $72,000 for it, even if I had $72,000 sitting around.

No.2Diesel

They didn't even bother to tape off the tires when they sprayed the wheels. And shouldn't the wheels be painted black?

Question: What's the M123s wheelbase? Also: Whats an M911s Wheelbase?

An M819s is 216.5" with an overall length (not including the boom) of 334"

NEIOWA

No.2Diesel said:
They didn't even bother to tape off the tires when they sprayed the wheels. And shouldn't the wheels be painted black?

Question: What's the M123s wheelbase? Also: Whats an M911s Wheelbase?

An M819s is 216.5" with an overall length (not including the boom) of 334"
M911
OAL 369"
WB 235"
OAW 114"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks