• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a little explanation...

Chinookpilot77

I have driven 4x4 trucks my whole life, but never anything all that extreme as far as offroading, and always in stock pick up trucks. I'm a hunter mostly, the 4 wheeling just comes with the that trade.

I have some questions concerning lock out hubs, vs lockers. I know the lockers lock the two axles together so you have posi-trac kinda thing, but what does the deuce have now? 1 drive tire per axle in its stock configuration?

Can you run lock outs and lockers at the same time? lock outs save a little bit of gas and keeps the front axles from spinning when the air lock transfer case is disengaged right?

I think i would like to get lockers for my bobbed deuce. I hear detroit and arb makes these? any considerations with these offroad vs onroad?

thanks for the help everyrone.

area52

I agree, lock out hubs are just too expensive unless you use it as a daily driver.

Lockers are quite expensive too plus it takes quite a bit to install them especially in the front rear axle.

Not worth it unless you plan on serious off roading. Just air down and pick your path carefully.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lockers are quite expensive too plus it takes quite a bit to install them especially in the front rear axle.
I was following along great till I got to this statement. I cannot imagine how locking the front/rear diff creates a power transmission problem. Is it something else, like a physical difficulty in the effort?

Can you please explain?

Rick

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
a physical difficulty in the effort?

Yup, you have to cram yourself in there, work in a confined space, take 2 driveshafts off, etc. It just isn't fun. The joy of added traction once your done is great, but installing the locker isn't.