• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a little explanation...

Chinookpilot77

I have driven 4x4 trucks my whole life, but never anything all that extreme as far as offroading, and always in stock pick up trucks. I'm a hunter mostly, the 4 wheeling just comes with the that trade.

I have some questions concerning lock out hubs, vs lockers. I know the lockers lock the two axles together so you have posi-trac kinda thing, but what does the deuce have now? 1 drive tire per axle in its stock configuration?

Can you run lock outs and lockers at the same time? lock outs save a little bit of gas and keeps the front axles from spinning when the air lock transfer case is disengaged right?

I think i would like to get lockers for my bobbed deuce. I hear detroit and arb makes these? any considerations with these offroad vs onroad?

thanks for the help everyrone.

area52

I agree, lock out hubs are just too expensive unless you use it as a daily driver.

Lockers are quite expensive too plus it takes quite a bit to install them especially in the front rear axle.

Not worth it unless you plan on serious off roading. Just air down and pick your path carefully.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lockers are quite expensive too plus it takes quite a bit to install them especially in the front rear axle.
I was following along great till I got to this statement. I cannot imagine how locking the front/rear diff creates a power transmission problem. Is it something else, like a physical difficulty in the effort?

Can you please explain?

Rick

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
a physical difficulty in the effort?

Yup, you have to cram yourself in there, work in a confined space, take 2 driveshafts off, etc. It just isn't fun. The joy of added traction once your done is great, but installing the locker isn't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks