• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a m35a2 moved from ft Mead to frederick md

wb1895

He is not in the area of MD, but hails from NC. Try Eric from Hotshots transportation Co. He hauled my deuce from GA to NC and is a top notch company.

Crazyguypa

cheapest way, other than driving it yourself, is to have it towed home by a tow company. Doesn't take em that long to hook up and probably wouldn't cost you more than about $150.00. Talk to Sarah at the ft meade site, she probably might have someone in mind who has come in there before to retrieve vehicles.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Naw, this is towbar distance. Have you even checked to see if it runs? It may just need a jump/fresh batteries. There are easily a dozen members within a very short distance to Ft Meade that could help. May want to do a thread search on the MD steel soldiers and look at the members on there and do some PM'ing. I know POWERHOUSE DEUCE, HEDELTA, and ATANKERSDAD are all three in the Baltimore area. At least three others that live right outside base. Not sure what their availability is but I'm sure someone can assist.

Trucking it would be the last/most expensive thing I'd do for such a short distance unless you just won the lottery.

btw, get insurance on it, get a one way trip permit, and have a well stocked chase vehicle. You can look at the FAQ for deuce pickup to see what you should bring with you.

Nonotagain

Naw, this is towbar distance. Have you even checked to see if it runs? It may just need a jump/fresh batteries. There are easily a dozen members within a very short distance to Ft Meade that could help. May want to do a thread search on the MD steel soldiers and look at the members on there and do some PM'ing. I know POWERHOUSE DEUCE, HEDELTA, and ATANKERSDAD are all three in the Baltimore area. At least three others that live right outside base. Not sure what their availability is but I'm sure someone can assist.

Trucking it would be the last/most expensive thing I'd do for such a short distance unless you just won the lottery.

btw, get insurance on it, get a one way trip permit, and have a well stocked chase vehicle. You can look at the FAQ for deuce pickup to see what you should bring with you.
CARNAC, we don't have such a thing as a one-way-trip-permit in Maryland.

They will issue a temporary inspection plate,, actually a cardboard license plate, but you need a title go get one.

Towing a deuce 75 miles will set you back $250-300. You can save a few bucks and pull the axle shafts or drive shaft, but don't expect a cheap tow.

Jakelc15

Transportation article 13 402 para A1
Driving unregistered vehicle on hwy. $280 fine no points

Still cheaper than a tow bill!
Just put insurance on it first so it can't be impounded.

When do you have to pick it up?
Does it run?

Nonotagain

Transportation article 13 402 para A1
Driving unregistered vehicle on hwy. $280 fine no points

Still cheaper than a tow bill!
Just put insurance on it first so it can't be impounded.

When do you have to pick it up?
Does it run?
By any chance, do you have a link to the Md articles of transportation? The state website is worthless.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW My Brother lives about 3/4 mile from where everything is sitting.

sw

powerhouseduece

Well it was a pleasure meeting you at Meade the other day! Did you have a good trip home? I wish me and jake could have had the chance to come down and check the truck out but we were too busy getting our asses kicked by 12 lugnuts!

GHOSTOFAGREATMAN

Yea it was great to meet you guys the move was good.
Sorry I did not come over after we were loaded but my transporter did not know where he was going so I had to go with him.(to be honest I did not think he was going to be able to pull the deuce with his 3/4 ton chevy ) as I drove down the hill I saw that you guys were changing the tire . hope all went well (after the tire change that is) . looking forward to meeting up with you guys at one of those rallys .

redcatcher06

The safest thing to do is have it transported. The cost to you in the event of an accident can be everything you own. Transportation cost are a small price to pay in comparision.