• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a motor

rd69599

After all the work done to remove the head it was a shot in the arm to discover that i have a burnt pistion. But I dont know what caused it.
Anyone know a place where I can get a new engine or have mine rebuilt. Its for a 67 kaiser M-35 A2 multi fuel.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech said:
.. but installing a good take out prob would be ezer
How do ya figure that? The head is off, now just drop the pan and push the piston out...a half hour to get that far and alot lighter. You need to find out why the piston got damaged though. Take a pic of it and let us see what the damage is. If you took off the cylinder head, you can change a cylinder kit, it's alot less complicated than doing the overhead stuff. The only special tool you'll need is a liner puller.

Westech

CPL
You need to find out why the piston got damaged though
thats why.... you have a bad gasket, head, injector... ect.....And not to sound like im making fun of anyone, we have all started someplace. We did not just wake up and know how to work on cars and trucks but...finding out what happened is really going to be tough for this guy
But I dont have the tools or the know how to do it
installing a take out is going to be the best bet here. and like I said im not dissing on anyone! just the way it is this moment in time.

rd69599

Thanks for the help. Yes due to your suggestions I discovered the injector is toast. Im not afraid to try to tacle changing the pistion. If i get it its great. If not Ill just call it another another reason why Im an electrician and not a mechanic.
Im going to try to post some pictures of the dammage hope it works.

Attachments

rd69599

You can not tell mutch about this picture. But the area that it shaded is burnt off down to the rings. You can actually see the rings. The pistion wall has a scratch that may be able to be honed out. Im not sure

rd69599

Im going to try it. This might be the only way I can get her going. I dont have any way to pull the motor. If it works ill be one happy camper. If it dont work atleast I tried and may learn some new things about my first duce that I couldnt learn anyother way. Trial and error has always been my most valueable learning lessons. Where can I find the parts. THANK YOU.

Westech love your picture man. Thats half the reason im doing this, KIDS need to rember history and be a part of it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think with the support network here, you should be able to do it. Lots of folks offering up engines. Wished one was neary and in a can, never have too many deuce engines.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me look around, I might have an old style one that is way lighter than the OTC universal one I have.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
The liner might pull out by hand. On a motor I took apart, 3 of the liners popped right out just by pushing the piston up through the top, you might get lucky.

Somemedic

Id be really intrested to hear how this is going and how tuff it is to do.

The knowledge base here though is inspiring and were it me I think Id get as far as I could before I called for a tow and a garage. You guys have saved my cucv a time or 2...

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the two I have. The one on the left is a big univeral one, it adjusts to fit anything, bad part is that is about 25 pounds. The one on the right is another universal, but it has the 5-5 1/2 foot on it. I might have a 4 1/2 to 5 at work, and I can't find the bridge, but that is easy to fab up. I weigs about 5 pounds. Even If I don't have the foot, I can do some cutting on the to make it work, or make another foot. You are more than welcome to use one.

Woops, forgot the pic!

Attachments