• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on 8.3 engine repair

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you repair any of the cracks?

brazengoat06

Did not. Only thing I did was use silicone on the head bolts that were in the questionable areas. I've found a replacement engine so I'll have one on standby

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully it works out for ya. You will not put the miles on it that the average leasing company or private LTL, delivery guy does.

brazengoat06

Lol I'm not gonna sell a truck with a cracked block. Like I said I'll have an engine on reserve

I've also posted up the ESN of the bad engine so someone could double check my ethics if they wanted to

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol I'm not gonna sell a truck with a cracked block. Like I said I'll have an engine on reserve

I've also posted up the ESN of the bad engine so someone could double check my ethics if they wanted to

Selling a truck with a cracked block is just fine...

Selling a truck with an UNDISCLOSED cracked block is another matter entirely.....