• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advise asap

Bighurt

Hey Ruppster what was that following distance rule that you posted somewhere else. well if it was you that posted it, it was some thing like 2,6,1 two second something...one second before staring after person in front started, or something like that.
It's one second for every 10' of vehicle length, over 40 mph you add an additional second.

Just a guideline, I prefer a little more space....

jasonjc

Hey what happen to the one that was getting that costom 4 door power every thing deuce with the wheel chair lift and DVD and CD ect ect???

mktopside

Banned
Hey what happen to the one that was getting that costom 4 door power every thing deuce with the wheel chair lift and DVD and CD ect ect???
LOL. I stopped reading that thread when someone said "do you want to make it fly too? Because that will be as easy as what your talking about"

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called my insurance co. They said to just bring by ins. card from my other vehicles with me as they would cover any newly purchased vehicles for 30 days until I can get the title transferred. I do not see anyone in chat. ??

Did you tell them how big this vehicle is and that it weighs over 10,000 pounds? While a standard auto policy does have a 30 day grace period I have yet to see an insurance company that will apply that grace period to anything bigger then a 1 ton truck. I highly doubt they would cover you in a deuce and a half under the 30 day grace period. You need to have a policy for a big truck.

Ruppster

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did you tell them how big this vehicle is and that it weighs over 10,000 pounds? While a standard auto policy does have a 30 day grace period I have yet to see an insurance company that will apply that grace period to anything bigger then a 1 ton truck. I highly doubt they would cover you in a deuce and a half under the 30 day grace period. You need to have a policy for a big truck.

Ruppster
I have state farm, they know what my trucks are and I have been told the same thing. 30days is good info.

MorbidMiss

Looking through the pictures she looks like quite the Frankenstein job... the truck, not the girl.

I hope she has a safe trip home.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have state farm, they know what my trucks are and I have been told the same thing. 30days is good info.
Well, okay. There's one that will (though when I had them for my semi truck insurance a few years ago they told me that the 30 days did not apply to large trucks). But that does not mean all companies do the same. Many insurance companies won't touch anything bigger then a 1 ton and to assume just because State Farm does it others will too is bad info. I was just trying to bring up a point of concern for the OP to check on but what the OP does with that info is up to her. So without knowing who she is insured by anyone telling her she will be covered by the 30 day clause in case of an accident is only blowing it out their backside. :) As I've said before, SS is the last place to get legal advice from as you get what you pay for.

Ruppster

Last edited:

Bighurt

I have state farm as well and they won't even insure my M915 without a trailer. I understand that the OP is driving a M35.

But one should never get in the habit of I have 30 days. This is not the case of its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

MorbidMiss

You saw pics of the girl?!?! "luckyyyyyy!"

Rules of the internet; Rule #16- there are no girls on the Internet.
I ran into this a lot playing online games... I think who ever made that rule up probably wouldn't recognize a girl if he saw one face to face either.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looking through the pictures she looks like quite the Frankenstein job... the truck, not the girl.

I hope she has a safe trip home.
How could you say that, all out trucks are Frankenstein trucks. Pull that box out of the back and there is a nice dropside to be had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks