• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need expert help about high pinion D60

Tanaga

I found a Dana 60 High pinion king pin axle but it’s not in the oringinal vehicle and the original shock mounts and spring perches were removed. I know that the 78-79 are the most desirable. How can I tell what this is? I’m guessing there’s a good chance the stamping on the axle is worn or ground off. Is there a way I can take a few measurements to determine what it is?

thanks

Chaski

I’m unaware of any passenger side drop high pinion Dana 60 front axles for GM applications. I don’t think they were ever used by GM. Ford drivers side drop yes - GM no. That being said I could be totally wrong.

Pictures?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m unaware of any passenger side drop high pinion Dana 60 front axles for GM applications. I don’t think they were ever used by GM. Ford drivers side drop yes - GM no. That being said I could be totally wrong.

Pictures?
I don't think you are wrong. I can say with certainty that GM didn't use them in the 77-91 trucks but I can't speak with authority about the 4500 and 5500 trucks.

Tanaga

Yes I’m talking about a Ford Dana 60. Sorry i thought that was a given when I said it was a high pinion. The Pirate forum site might be a better place to post this question but people are down right rude over there.

Chaski

This forum is really for CUCV’s or clones. There is a ton of info on this forum about the 14 bolt /10.5” AAM and the GM kingpin Dana 60. As for identifying a Ford high pinion I suggest reading below. I have found they can most easily be identified by their price. Normally they go for 150%-300% more money than a GM kingpin Dana 60.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks