• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need expert help about high pinion D60

Tanaga

I found a Dana 60 High pinion king pin axle but it’s not in the oringinal vehicle and the original shock mounts and spring perches were removed. I know that the 78-79 are the most desirable. How can I tell what this is? I’m guessing there’s a good chance the stamping on the axle is worn or ground off. Is there a way I can take a few measurements to determine what it is?

thanks

Chaski

I’m unaware of any passenger side drop high pinion Dana 60 front axles for GM applications. I don’t think they were ever used by GM. Ford drivers side drop yes - GM no. That being said I could be totally wrong.

Pictures?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m unaware of any passenger side drop high pinion Dana 60 front axles for GM applications. I don’t think they were ever used by GM. Ford drivers side drop yes - GM no. That being said I could be totally wrong.

Pictures?
I don't think you are wrong. I can say with certainty that GM didn't use them in the 77-91 trucks but I can't speak with authority about the 4500 and 5500 trucks.

Tanaga

Yes I’m talking about a Ford Dana 60. Sorry i thought that was a given when I said it was a high pinion. The Pirate forum site might be a better place to post this question but people are down right rude over there.

Chaski

This forum is really for CUCV’s or clones. There is a ton of info on this forum about the 14 bolt /10.5” AAM and the GM kingpin Dana 60. As for identifying a Ford high pinion I suggest reading below. I have found they can most easily be identified by their price. Normally they go for 150%-300% more money than a GM kingpin Dana 60.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/