• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need fuel tank photographs please.

Lonesome715

I did a stupid thing this past weekend. I forgot to look at how the tanks were installed on the deuces at the Hooch. So now I have to ask for photographs so I can make sure I get it installed correctly. I have had this tank off for a while and a couple of the lines were cut and crimped before I got it. I have since had the tank cleaned, rebuilt the fuel pump, replaced the sending unit and got some new webbing. As soon as the paint dries on the tank I am reassembling it and slinging this thing back under the truck. I need to see how everything is hooked up make sure I did not forget something. So, if you do not mind, please post some photographs of your fuel tanks and how all the lines hook up.

Lonesome715

I posted a response last night but it looks like it did not take.

I cannot view the TMs. Every time I try to open one my computer locks up and I have to restart it.

Lonesome715

Any help at all hear would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get this deuce running with a limitted time frame and limitted funds.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to get it on there should be easy. The fill hole is passenger side front. Center it on the hangers and wait for a picture from someone.

Lonesome715

Outstanding! Thanks. I want to know what a couple lines were crimped. This was a non running truck when I got it, but I see no reason to damage these lines.

eagle4g63

That hole is for the arctic heater set up.........the heater kit supplies a fitting and a pick up tube that would go in there so it's fuel pump can pull fuel for it...............I know that cause I installed the arctic kit on my truck.

Lonesome715

Thanks, an actual photograph sure does make it easier. I was just bolting the fuel pump down now. Those new shiney fastners sure do look good.

Lonesome715

Just a thought, the breather line is so small. Is there any reason it would be a bad idea to use the fitting for the artic heater instead? That way I can use bigger tubing.

Lonesome715

Because mine is damaged so bad, I have to make it longer to reach. Is there any reason I cannot use a rubber hose with hose clamps and a barbed fitting?

Lonesome715

Nice truck.

I notices some rust on my straps that bolt to the lower brackets. After blasting it away I have very little metal left to run a bolt through. It looks like I am going to have to weld some metal in now. I guess this is not going to be the quick turn around I hoped for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks