• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need glow plug removal advice MEP-016b

Mgcarma

Hi there,
My MEP-016b was running just fine before an extended two year downtime. Fuel tank full, turns over just fine, fuel primed (can hear it trickling back into fuel tank).
When I turn the switch to preheat the glow plug, I’m measuring voltage at the glow plug when it is unplugged, I’m getting 13.9v to the wire serving the glow plug. When I put the connector back on the glow plug, it will only reach 8volts even after holding it in the preheat position for 30 seconds as prescribed in the manual.

question: is this 8v after 30s of preheat normal?
(The gen does not start when attempted).

quesrion: the covering over the glow plug area looks pretty tight, am I able to remove the glow plug out of the top without disassembly? (This unit does not have the box enclosure sound deadening system).

question: what part numbers or resources should I use to get two glow plugs? One as a
Replacement, one as a spare?

thanks, I’ve done a bunch of research on this site and it is a huge help.
Any help much appreciated.
Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks