• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need glow plug removal advice MEP-016b

Mgcarma

Hi there,
My MEP-016b was running just fine before an extended two year downtime. Fuel tank full, turns over just fine, fuel primed (can hear it trickling back into fuel tank).
When I turn the switch to preheat the glow plug, I’m measuring voltage at the glow plug when it is unplugged, I’m getting 13.9v to the wire serving the glow plug. When I put the connector back on the glow plug, it will only reach 8volts even after holding it in the preheat position for 30 seconds as prescribed in the manual.

question: is this 8v after 30s of preheat normal?
(The gen does not start when attempted).

quesrion: the covering over the glow plug area looks pretty tight, am I able to remove the glow plug out of the top without disassembly? (This unit does not have the box enclosure sound deadening system).

question: what part numbers or resources should I use to get two glow plugs? One as a
Replacement, one as a spare?

thanks, I’ve done a bunch of research on this site and it is a huge help.
Any help much appreciated.
Kevin