• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help, Brand new to the Deuce!

ToddJK

More so it cranks for over 5-8 seconds to start with a warm/hot engine and over 15-20 seconds or more (depending on conditions/temp) on a cold engine. It can vary from person to person on their opinion of a hard start, but not every deuce starts with just a push of a button, especially if running some alternative fuels.

HDN

Hey quick question but on these old trucks what classifies as a hard start? Turning over like six times before it fires off after sitting for a few hours after running or am I just paranoid?
I've never started a multifuel motor - I have an M35A3, which has the stright-diesel Cat 3116. That starts instantaneously for me on days where it's 55+ outside!

The multifuel TM says to not crank for more than 10 seconds:

1689077558559.png

Based on that I'd say if it takes more than that to start the truck that would be a hard start. Collective experience here including @ToddJK probably found a fudge factor to that, like the ~20 seconds mentioned.

69DeuceJuice

More so it cranks for over 5-8 seconds to start with a warm/hot engine and over 15-20 seconds or more (depending on conditions/temp) on a cold engine. It can vary from person to person on their opinion of a hard start, but not every deuce starts with just a push of a button, especially if running some alternative fuels.
Mines about 2-3 seconds of starting from cold to fire off and when it’s hot it starts almost immediately so I guess I’m just being paranoid lol thanks!!

ToddJK

I've never started a multifuel motor - I have an M35A3, which has the stright-diesel Cat 3116. That starts instantaneously for me on days where it's 55+ outside!

The multifuel TM says to not crank for more than 10 seconds:

View attachment 901279

Based on that I'd say if it takes more than that to start the truck that would be a hard start. Collective experience here including @ToddJK probably found a fudge factor to that, like the ~20 seconds mentioned.
I imagine the TM says that due to heat build up in the starter. I won't disagree with it, but I doubt most people actually count rather going off what feels like the time they think passed. Then again, sometimes the multifuels need to build up heat in the combustion chambers when it's been a while especially in cold temperatures, so it almost needs the longer crank intervals in closer succession to start if not using any juice to give it a boost.

HDN

I imagine the TM says that due to heat build up in the starter. I won't disagree with it, but I doubt most people actually count rather going off what feels like the time they think passed. Then again, sometimes the multifuels need to build up heat in the combustion chambers when it's been a while especially in cold temperatures, so it almost needs the longer crank intervals in closer succession to start if not using any juice to give it a boost.
I definitely count - unlike the Army I can't afford to break anything :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks