• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help, Brand new to the Deuce!

69DeuceJuice

Hi I’m Trying to get a M35a2 non-turbo to fire up and run so I can drive it home. Turns over fine and will run on ether but dies a few seconds after taking away the juice. Electric lift pump is working, has fuel in all the filters and has been bled. Has fuel going to the injection pump, but little to no fuel out of the injection lines. No fuel movement in the return lines or the flame heater. I tried for three hours to bleed the injection pump and lines but stopped due to a hot starter and a hotter temper. Please help.

pitpawten

So fuel all the way to the injection pump but nothing leaving the injection pump to the injectors when cranking is that right?

That at least narrows you down to the IP with your troubleshooting. Admittedly not up on IP troubleshooting but I have to imagine there's a pretty good process for diagnosing where in the IP things are falling down; fuel shut off not disengaging something gummed up, a spring or rod not moving freely etc.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The button controls the quill inside the hydraulic head which in turn controls the timing of the injection of the fuel to each fuel line. If you have fuel to the injection pump but no fuel out of the injection lines it’s usually the bottom came off. You can check this by taking off the center bolt of the hydraulic head and putting a pencil in there to see if it moves up and down when firing it over. No movement means the button fell off.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will definitely look into this. Do you know what that button controls? Is it pump output pressure?

69DeuceJuice

The button controls the quill inside the hydraulic head which in turn controls the timing of the injection of the fuel to each fuel line. If you have fuel to the injection pump but no fuel out of the injection lines it’s usually the bottom came off. You can check this by taking off the center bolt of the hydraulic head and putting a pencil in there to see if it moves up and down when firing it over. No movement means the button fell off.
Gonna try this sometime this week thank you

69DeuceJuice

Say about a year a half from the last time it ran the guy said I’m buying it from

69DeuceJuice

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT REPLIED !!!!! I got the hydraulic head off and sure enough the button for the pump was sitting in the bottom, I pulled it out cleaned and lubed everything put the button and clip back on and put everything together and it fired right up no ether or anything. Now all I need to do is change the fluids and bleed the brakes but she’s home and I need a name for her!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks