• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help choosing color

Color: Desert Sand or Patina?

• Desert Sand

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Patina

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FightLikeAGirl

..Haha..what color?? Just got this M37..love it, but she needs some paint. And I'm moving her from the desert to the humid beaches of Florida, so I'd like to take care of it quickly. I was leaning towards tan (def don't want to do the olive drab thing, but would still possibly like to keep to its military roots) but I'm really digging this greyish-blue it has going for it. Every time I see one a candy color, it just doesn't look right to me. So...tan? Patina? Some other suggestions??

-1.jpg

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

If you like blue, repaint it Battleship blue-grey. But if you don't sand it down and repaint, she will start to rust as soon as she hits moisture or salty beach water.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about fire engine red? I've seen pictures of them when they served as brush trucks and I always thought they looked sharp. Black soft top looks really nice with it.

KaiserM109

The M37s went out of service after Vietnam, so I seriously doubt that any ever got painted tan, if you're concerned about authenticity.

Until about '68 they were painted dark green with white numbers and stars. Sometime in late '68 orders came down to paint them with black numbers. Though our tracks (M113s) got painted specific camo colors, the M37s didn't. We painted green over the white stars and black over the numbers.

I would go pre-'68 cause it looked great. I'm sure you can find pictures.

ducer

Candy cobalt blue over a silver base with 2 coats of violet pearl clear then 4 more coats of clear for the main body with black fenders.
Man it is your truck you should do what ever makes you happy. Your the one who has to look at it everyday and drive it. Who cares what anyone else thinks, does it make you happy? In the end that is all that matters.

Denny

3dAngus

If you don't like the OD Green thing, then AF Strata Blue is probably your only other logical option and it would look great.
Then drive it out to Eglin AFB and watch all the heads turn. You would be a big hit out there, or around Destin/Ft. Walton.
The folks will be buying you drinks. If you really want to personalize it and make it a bit different and truly yours, paint the fenders enamel black like some of the Model A's are done now days.

It's your truck. Do what you want. The important thing is, you're not sending it out to the smasher to be scrapped. Purists can change it later.

L1A1

For something other then OD in an M37, my pick would be the USAF strata blue (provided you want to keep it "Military"). Another thought would be Navy gray or perhaps red or yellow for a flight line vehicle?

One of the members on here painted his '37 up as a USAF EOD truck which consisted of an OD bed & body with red fenders & front grill. Actually looked pretty sharp.

Don't think I'd go with tan (my first M37 was painted tan by the P/O), every hand,boot & greasy fingerprint that comes in contact with the truck will show up.

Like others have posted, at the end of the day, it's your truck so paint it in what ever color makes you happy. Just remember stuff tends to rust down in Florida along the coast so get some paint on it....

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks