• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help in the portland area

derrickd95

Im having some issues with my m1009 idling rough and surging at idle I had to clean out my ip return check valve and had some black and reddish orange stuff in it. I was going to replace the ip pump and decided to get a kit from diesel injection services with the ip pump all the injectors return lines and intake gaskets. I hate to pay to have a shop to put all this in but I live in a apartment and I have never put an injection pump in before I will have 10 days to send all my cores back before they charge me so I need to find a cheap good quality shop to do it or find a place where I can do it myself and maybe get a little guidance with the install of the ip. This is my daily driver so I want as little down time as possible. Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Josh

There is a place out in St. Johns (North Portland) called My Car Care Center. They have worked on my deuce and my friends 1009 a few times.

There number is (503) 289-5900 . Ask for Pat.

srodocker

good work josh! hopefully you get it fixed derrick hate a seeing a steel soldier down. hope you get it fixed and maybe make it up to the mini rally!

2deuce

Finding a place to work on it is the hardest part. Your IP is no good if you are having to clean out the return line. It is a time consuming job especially if it's your 1st time. If you are going to change out the injectors you will need the special socket. When I changed my IP last summer, I left the lines on the old pump and assembled the new lines on the new pump using the old pump and lines as a polish blueprint. That way the lines were all tight before I attached the IP to the engine. If you have the right tools, I think it would be easier to attach the lines after the pump is installed. If you do it yourself just make sure you pay attention to how things come off . Good Luck, Greg

derrickd95

I found a place willing to send me a rebult ip and rebuilt injectors all the gaskets and new return lines for $525 shipped so my most of my fuel system will be in good shape. they did ask me if my ip pump was 24 volts.... i thought only the ignition system was.. Anyway I called a shop in beaverton that deals with diesels and he said it would be about $600 to put it all in and it would take about 2 1/2 days. So unless I find a place to do it I got to save some money.