• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help in the portland area

derrickd95

Im having some issues with my m1009 idling rough and surging at idle I had to clean out my ip return check valve and had some black and reddish orange stuff in it. I was going to replace the ip pump and decided to get a kit from diesel injection services with the ip pump all the injectors return lines and intake gaskets. I hate to pay to have a shop to put all this in but I live in a apartment and I have never put an injection pump in before I will have 10 days to send all my cores back before they charge me so I need to find a cheap good quality shop to do it or find a place where I can do it myself and maybe get a little guidance with the install of the ip. This is my daily driver so I want as little down time as possible. Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Josh

There is a place out in St. Johns (North Portland) called My Car Care Center. They have worked on my deuce and my friends 1009 a few times.

There number is (503) 289-5900 . Ask for Pat.

srodocker

good work josh! hopefully you get it fixed derrick hate a seeing a steel soldier down. hope you get it fixed and maybe make it up to the mini rally!

2deuce

Finding a place to work on it is the hardest part. Your IP is no good if you are having to clean out the return line. It is a time consuming job especially if it's your 1st time. If you are going to change out the injectors you will need the special socket. When I changed my IP last summer, I left the lines on the old pump and assembled the new lines on the new pump using the old pump and lines as a polish blueprint. That way the lines were all tight before I attached the IP to the engine. If you have the right tools, I think it would be easier to attach the lines after the pump is installed. If you do it yourself just make sure you pay attention to how things come off . Good Luck, Greg

derrickd95

I found a place willing to send me a rebult ip and rebuilt injectors all the gaskets and new return lines for $525 shipped so my most of my fuel system will be in good shape. they did ask me if my ip pump was 24 volts.... i thought only the ignition system was.. Anyway I called a shop in beaverton that deals with diesels and he said it would be about $600 to put it all in and it would take about 2 1/2 days. So unless I find a place to do it I got to save some money.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks