• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help. Thinking fuel issue?! Video posted

wiersema07

I have a 1970 Kaiser Jeep m35a2. I recently changed to fuel filters couple months ago and used the military issued ones that came with truck. Issue is this last patch of mix I used wasn’t an issue until last week. I was mixing diesel used oil that was filtered and mixed at 50:50 ratio. I also added gasoline and oil mix at 50:50 ratio. Few days ago went to a parade and way home it starting sputtering when getting up to speed like fuel was cutting out and revved up sputtering like a lack of fuel. I made a video today of it and just sounds like fuel cutting out like I’m just tapping the throttle. I’ve read a few things on here but nothing really related to my symptoms. I’m just wondering bc I’ve never ran a fade oil mix when there’s already. Diesel oil mix in and putting it all together. Does that make a bad combo to have all three in together or should it still combust fine. Only other thing is seeing if filters are gummed already or if something in a fuel line. But thought I’d ask since I’m new to mixing fuels. I’ll attach the video it starts after I was in fifth gear but did it before in 4th gear as well then when I got to where I was heading pulled in drive way and it just shut off all together.
Thanks guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks