• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help with Parking Brake issue

Jimma

I need to replace the parking brake pads on one of my trucks. Does anyone know a good source for replacements or a place to get them re lined reasonably? I found some replacements on the internet but the price was not reasonable.

mckeeranger

Eh scratch that. Called Saturn and they dont have the liner kits anymore. They did have the spring I need, so I just ordered one and a e-brake shoe kit.

You probably did as well with Saturn as you would have done with the place that relines shoes in Lexington. I still don't remember the name, but I remember it was $75 for the XM817. That was several years ago, so it is probably more now.

And to answer your earlier question: Yes, you would need a machine to set the rivets, if you were doing it yourself.

Attachments

Last edited:

wbdodgeiv

I relined my own parking brake using some high grip clutch lining from mcmaster. I glued the lining to the old shoes after grinding the paint and rust off the shoe. We gluing the lining I clamped up the outer shoe - liner - drum- liner- inner shoe while the glue was setting. Worked good and cost ~$12.

number9

Got around to installing the parking brake shoes today. Got them adjusted per the TM, which was a pita with the limited work space up in there. Man it's nice to have a good parking brake! Hadn't seen the truck I dont think since I last posted about the park brake lol. Took it out for a spin and bout got stuck in a muddy flat field - these XZL tires suck in the mud!!

Thanks for all the help and info guys.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.................... I glued the lining to the old shoes after grinding the paint and rust off the shoe. We gluing the lining I clamped up the outer shoe - liner - drum- liner- inner shoe while the glue was setting. Worked good and cost ~$12.
I would like to say I like that....:) IF.... I knew what kind of glue is recommended/ was used for this application. Is it just a two-component epoxi resin adhesiv?

Tks,
G.

I had my shoes relined at a shop here in Karlsruhe. I drilled out the old rivets and removed the old linings, cleaned the shoes, and brought the new linings and the rivets together with the shoes to the shop. They have a hydraulic press for the rivets and it was done in 10 minutes. Cost: 10 Euros (w/o liners of course). I wouldn't bother trying to do that myself without the proper tools for such a small expense.

As for glueing the liners to the shoes: keep in mind that you might have to change the liners one day again...

Cheers,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks