• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some picture help please

Sportsmanfromkc

I am in the process of fixing the PO f-ups...alts both checked out fine and now replacing batteries. going with 1000cca so i should have plenty of power.

my issue i am having is i would like to see the terminals on the firewall for the positive and negative sides with covers removed of course. i have seen some before and now i cant find any ( seen some earlier today but they were from someone asking if it looked right ) also looking for pics of the backside of the alternators to make sure i have it all hooked up properly..i can somewhat follow the diagrams in the tm. but have much easier time seening actual pics.

thanks guys, i know you all will come through for me

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil,

Looks like its time to clean some wiring connections....;-)

Stonepicker1

Phil,

Looks like its time to clean some wiring connections....;-)
LOL... this is the wifes truck...I haven't touch it since I bought it back it 2006 at Ft. Bragg(besides new tires). Wife has put over 20,000 miles on it. Some rust spots, but she runs great(truck that is..lol) I need to fine some time to get all these small things done.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
small orange wire, where does it connect mine was with one of the red wires i am sure.

The small orange wire is for the STE/ICE diagnostic system. It connects to the positive output terminal.

Covered in the E-11 wiring diagram.

Sportsmanfromkc

well i hope i didnt fry anything to expensive tonight, was done and hooking up battery terminals got to last positive on battery 2 (rear battery) as i made contact with battery post i got a nice shower of sparks shot off of it. at the same time on the drivers side firewall i got a nice shower of sparks and alot of smoke. made sure there was no fire and unhooked all the terminals at the batteries and called it a night. was out of light for the evening and now i am frustrated... i am sure i hooked it up according to the battery and starter wiring diagram that is in a sticky at the start of the cucv forums. UGH!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry didn't see this yesterday, Mine still has stock wiring and I am 25 mins away. Saturday?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From your description of the fireworks you have toasted a fusible link or two.

Do you have a volt/ohm meter and know how to use it?

With the batteries disconnected you need to check the passenger (GEN2) alternator for "isolated ground". That is to see if the ground terminal is isolated from the case.

Then you need to check that the "ground" terminal wire is not touching the alternator bracket. This terminal should have the red wire with a white strip on it. It is a 12v feed wire coming from the 12v Terminal block near the master cylinder. There is a fusible link at the diamond shape terminal block that is more than likely toasted. This is the most important part of the CUCV electrical system that keeps the 12v and 24v separate.

You may also have toasted the fusible link at the 24v terminal block behind the rear battery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks