• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some picture help please

Sportsmanfromkc

Warthog, thank you for being patient with me on all this. Like i said before I am new to all this electrical stuff, and doing most of my reading on here from my phone. For some reason when i try searching it doesnt work. Anywho, thanks again for all the advice, links, and pics.

DDT

did you ever hear back on the location of the orange wire for the passenfger alt? in the picture #7 its trails off picture to the top...there are only 2 posts, a tach pin and a connector plug as an option so was it also left off? curious as I am having alittle wire problem myself after a rebuild. getting close though after this site saved me!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The orange wire attaches to the positive terminal of the passenger alternator. It is used for the STC/ICE diagnostic post.

You can see the wires for the diagnostic system in the wiring diagrams for the diagnostic system.

The wiring diagrams in the appendix of the tech manuals have a wealth of information.

The round cylinder item is a capasitor/noise suppersor for the military radios. The trucks can standard with them as radios where added later. Most of the trucks have had the capasitor removed over the years.

Last edited:

DDT

i am in the same boat. The picture post above is great but the orange wire gose off tothe north of the passenger alt? Thanks for the picture posts though!

donalloy1

Not to take away from initial pupose of thread. Forgive me if this is stupid question. I to am new to CUCV chargeing system.

There is no tachometer on my M1009. What is the purpose of Tach connection on CUCV Alternators?:cookoo:

cpf240

Not to take away from initial pupose of thread. Forgive me if this is stupid question. I to am new to CUCV chargeing system.

There is no tachometer on my M1009. What is the purpose of Tach connection on CUCV Alternators?:cookoo:
Goes to the STE / ICE diagnostic port under the dash. Some on here have been able to use it to drive a tach.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just want to know how to add the pics directly into the thread

When you are adding a post there is a button towards the bottom of the page. Called "Manage Attachments". Click on it and it will have a area to add your pictures. They must be downloaded to your local computer first.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forum-tips-tricks/59917-how-post-pictures-tutorial.html

You can also edit your thread and go the same thing. Click "Go Advanced" and you will see the Attachment button