• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Tire Advice - M109A3

rustystud

Cost depends on location. I did the 395 conversion on the deuce for the same price as going to g177's. That's including the adapter plates, 1" bolts, and new studs on 5 hubs (converted to right hand thread lug studs).
What did your 395's go for ? I haven't seen any for less then $300.00 a tire plus the adapters which add another $1000.00 .
So that's around $3000.00 minimum with all the accessories. Probably costs more now.

red

Right about $2400 for everything. Gotta think about location. I did the 395's in Texas where the tires are cheaper and got my bolts at a discount because of my old employer.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great responses. Thank you so much!

So, if I am reading this correctly, the consensus thus far is that I should:
  • Go with MRAP wheels with tire, bead-locks and run-flat inserts
  • Will need to get adapters to make work with my hubs.
  • 395s are great tires, just make sure they are on the right wheel.

Does that sum it up?
I would say the consensus is either what you said above or 11x20s in the G177 variety.

One comment I have on a previous post is that the 395s will fit in the stock deuce spare location with slight modifications. My choice there was to use one of the tires on a stock wheel for a spare. Saves on wheel, bolts, and adapter cost.

I do not know the history behind your trip with two flats but I think good tires should just about eliminate two flats at the same time.

Decisions, decisions...

loosescrews

I've got 10.00 20's on mine. STA superlugs if I recall. I wanted to replace the stock tires with something better suited to rain and snow. DSCF0071.jpg1022151214-01.jpg

Last edited:

sandcobra164

These worked good when I had my Deuce!!! Firestone T831's. My friend has the Goodyear G177's on his Deuce. They are nice tires as well and will probably outlast the truck. They seem to be a better highway tread but the Firestone's are great when the road turns to dirt and much.

Attachments

rustystud

These worked good when I had my Deuce!!! Firestone T831's. My friend has the Goodyear G177's on his Deuce. They are nice tires as well and will probably outlast the truck. They seem to be a better highway tread but the Firestone's are great when the road turns to dirt and much.
Those Firestone T831's look MEAN ! I would love to have a set for my truck. How much did they cost you ?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know if these guys are reputable?

http://www.planbsupply.com/#!tires/cxxe

Website claims they have MRAP wheels with the XZLs mounted for $395 ea, adapter available. Sounds suspiciously like what I need.
They're a (fairly new?) business in Northern Utah here. I see their trucks ALL the time. They're into major modifications of the "survivalist" truck variety. I haven't had any dealings with PlanBSupply, but I know Gunzy has. I haven't looked for some time but PlanBSupply did have the cheapest offering of 395's locally (though the price wasn't all *that* great though, just better than Boyce Equipment).

I'd trust them enough to buy tires, but I've seen their trucks, and I wouldn't buy one of them though.

For a number of reasons, I decided to go with G177s. I would have preferred the tread pattern of the Michelin XL's though, (Michellin XL 11.00R20's dualed in the back with 14.5 Michelin XL super singles up front - but all those tires are super expensive and hard to find)

You can read about my adventures with upgrading to the Goodyear G177s here:
(Tire rubbing, caster adjustment, etc)
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...e-s-tires-to-Goodyear-G177-11-00R20s-(dualed)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks