• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Tire Advice - M109A3

rustystud

Cost depends on location. I did the 395 conversion on the deuce for the same price as going to g177's. That's including the adapter plates, 1" bolts, and new studs on 5 hubs (converted to right hand thread lug studs).
What did your 395's go for ? I haven't seen any for less then $300.00 a tire plus the adapters which add another $1000.00 .
So that's around $3000.00 minimum with all the accessories. Probably costs more now.

red

Right about $2400 for everything. Gotta think about location. I did the 395's in Texas where the tires are cheaper and got my bolts at a discount because of my old employer.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great responses. Thank you so much!

So, if I am reading this correctly, the consensus thus far is that I should:
  • Go with MRAP wheels with tire, bead-locks and run-flat inserts
  • Will need to get adapters to make work with my hubs.
  • 395s are great tires, just make sure they are on the right wheel.

Does that sum it up?
I would say the consensus is either what you said above or 11x20s in the G177 variety.

One comment I have on a previous post is that the 395s will fit in the stock deuce spare location with slight modifications. My choice there was to use one of the tires on a stock wheel for a spare. Saves on wheel, bolts, and adapter cost.

I do not know the history behind your trip with two flats but I think good tires should just about eliminate two flats at the same time.

Decisions, decisions...

loosescrews

I've got 10.00 20's on mine. STA superlugs if I recall. I wanted to replace the stock tires with something better suited to rain and snow. DSCF0071.jpg1022151214-01.jpg

Last edited:

sandcobra164

These worked good when I had my Deuce!!! Firestone T831's. My friend has the Goodyear G177's on his Deuce. They are nice tires as well and will probably outlast the truck. They seem to be a better highway tread but the Firestone's are great when the road turns to dirt and much.

Attachments

rustystud

These worked good when I had my Deuce!!! Firestone T831's. My friend has the Goodyear G177's on his Deuce. They are nice tires as well and will probably outlast the truck. They seem to be a better highway tread but the Firestone's are great when the road turns to dirt and much.
Those Firestone T831's look MEAN ! I would love to have a set for my truck. How much did they cost you ?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know if these guys are reputable?

http://www.planbsupply.com/#!tires/cxxe

Website claims they have MRAP wheels with the XZLs mounted for $395 ea, adapter available. Sounds suspiciously like what I need.
They're a (fairly new?) business in Northern Utah here. I see their trucks ALL the time. They're into major modifications of the "survivalist" truck variety. I haven't had any dealings with PlanBSupply, but I know Gunzy has. I haven't looked for some time but PlanBSupply did have the cheapest offering of 395's locally (though the price wasn't all *that* great though, just better than Boyce Equipment).

I'd trust them enough to buy tires, but I've seen their trucks, and I wouldn't buy one of them though.

For a number of reasons, I decided to go with G177s. I would have preferred the tread pattern of the Michelin XL's though, (Michellin XL 11.00R20's dualed in the back with 14.5 Michelin XL super singles up front - but all those tires are super expensive and hard to find)

You can read about my adventures with upgrading to the Goodyear G177s here:
(Tire rubbing, caster adjustment, etc)
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...e-s-tires-to-Goodyear-G177-11-00R20s-(dualed)

Last edited: