• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

never ending M135 brake problems!! Need advice??

Ashley P

A small note on wheel cylinder repair, my local machine shop brass sleeved 4 for me for $200. It wasn't their cup of tea, but I took them bare cylinders and one was already sleeved so they could see what needed to be done.

SturmTyger380

I have thought about doing this. I have a bridgeport mill but not done much with it. (no time). It would be a process of centering the wheel cylinder and over boring close to the size of the sleeve needed to match the original bore. Then pressing the sleeves in. I don't think it is complicated but for a machine shop that does other things that make more money a low priority item. Any idea how long it actually took them to machine the cylinders and press in the sleeves?

Ashley P

All I know about time to machine was it took a week to get them back. I told them the truck had been apart for a couple months and I was in no hurry. Surely it can't take long to machine them once you get them mounted in a mill.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks