• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

Alredneck

Banned
Man, I hate Woody and me missed it.:cry: I also feel bad for those whose gear I had:oops: Form now on I think that im just going to show up like at the FL rally a few years back. It seems everytime I say im going something comes up:-x Deuces with 395s rock!:-D Is anyone going to post a carnage report:roll: What works what doesnt, how can things be better next time!:idea: How many smilies can you use in a paragraph?:?: The world may never know;-) Looks like things turned out well with the chow and the trails:grd:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, let me start by saying thanks to Clint for organizing a great event again. Each year it grows and gets more refined... Big thanks to Richard and Mike for the huge task of feeding the bunch, they can't be recognized enough. I bugged out of Durhamtown at 1300 and just rolled in at 0200. 13 hours in the saddle so I'm headed to bed. Ask not for pictures, I forgot both of my cameras at home. I'll summarize the event as I viewed it, tomorrow.

poppop

OK, more pictures from the Rally. I was going to pick out the good ones but they all look good to me so I will eventually post all of them unless you get bored and scream stop.

Attachments

poppop

More

Attachments

poppop

More

Attachments

poppop

More

Attachments

poppop

More

Attachments

poppop

In this set you can see clintogf, Dawn, taking the M38 for a work-out. Also notice the Blue Duece. This young couple came for their first off road outing and had a blast. They are both great drivers and took turns taking the obsticals. They did the paint job themselves on this 1986 duece which also came with dual brakes. They arrived with two dirt bikes in the back and Saturday morning saying their arms were sore from yesterdays adventures were hitting the Bike trails today. When we got back from the morning ride they were at the compound all muddy saying these bikes were no fun in this red clay. After a great noon meal when the trucks headed back to the trails the Blue Duece was back in line. Welcome aboard Guys, I really injoyed spending the last several days with you.

Attachments

Last edited:

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well how do I top all this,, I don`t . I`d just like to thank everyone whom was involved or supported or just showed up for making my first large rally a very enjoyable one. Putting names with faces was the best part. Making a new friends is priceless.

Last edited:

pjpiche1

The rally was a blast! I would like to thank Clinto for all of his efforts organizing this super fun event. A special thanks needs to go to Richard and Mike for their "beyond the call of duty" efforts with the MKT display. We were blessed at this rally with: all you could eat tasty food, just enough rain to provide passable yet challenging trails to ride, perfect sunny 70 degree weather, lots of good trade goods, and lots of fun steel soldier member comradery. Thanks to everyone there for the AWESOME time, Philip

Last edited:

TaylorTradingCo

AM, I wish I had known you were turning up fuels. I would've had you do mine. Mine makes no smoke even wide open. With my 185 box van and the M35 trailer both fully loaded, we were a bit slow on the highways. Next time we get together I need your help to speed her up a bit.

Phillip gave me an idea about pulling the inner axle on my first driver to free it up a bit more for highway use too. I think I will do both on my M35 trailer to make it spin more freely.

Thanks to Mike and Richard, th food was great!

Thanks to Clinto for finding this awesome place to have this and organizing. Next year I will get there sooner so I can be the one to snag all the good deals as people are unloading!

Great to meet all of you guys. I hope everyone made it home safely. I was worried about Gimpy trying to pull three trailers home, but they loaded out well. I hope Wreckerman got home before dark with no lights!

We had a slow uneventful trip home and got in at 8pm.

When and where is the next rally?

Derek Taylor

TaylorTradingCo

PJ is not even telling the whole story about the truck with the nice custom bed for the gooseneck. This truck has power windows! This guy is very talented, and a nice guy too.

Derek Taylor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks