• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5 inch lift. no tires yet. what do ya think

bowtiecrazy

i would like to fit 35s under mine but its more of a work truck i haul wood and materials so i dont want to much height i have 33s now would 2" lift clear 35s without issues thanks for the info

deuceman08

to my knowledge 35s will rub with 2" lift when you turn. you need 4" to be good but even with 4 they will rub if you flex the truck pretty good

bowtiecrazy

i am not a big offroader these days just a daily driver the last owner trimed the fenders alittle bit to run 34s i was
just curious thanks the truck looks good by the way.

Croatan_Kid

I don't have a swaybar, haven't since I lifted my truck. Even with the extra added weight of the Cummins and new drivetrain, there's no body roll or anything. Plus, there's no room for a swaybar with crossover steering.

I couldn't find the other thread where we were discussing lifting a CUCV using rear 52" springs from a blazer. Anyway, here is a link for the front mounts I am going to use. I did not want to move the axle more than 2" forward, so these should be perfect. The makers of them are extremely proud of them, but considering the better ride quality of 52" springs in front, and the fact I had mine left over from my M1009 after putting an 8" superlift on it, these are the best value.
52" Front Spring Conversion

flewbyu

Yeah, that's gonna look good with tires on...I'm running 6" all spring in front with blocks and extra helper spring out back from SkyJacker...tires are 35x14.50 MTs...

1gunmutt

Anyone ever used air shocks or coil over shocks to help the sagging front leaf springs? My springs are bad enough to let the truck hit the bump stops on small bumps.

Alucard-HD

Anyone ever used air shocks or coil over shocks to help the sagging front leaf springs? My springs are bad enough to let the truck hit the bump stops on small bumps.
You could, they might help a little, those old Chevy Front leafs suck. I cant wait to swap mine out for 4 inch super lift springs.

musclecars664

ok. so im lookin to get 35x12.5x16's. what backspacing would you guys recommend? should i get wheels with the stock 4.5 backspacing or should i go a little less, maybe like 3.5? i just want to get the most clearance if possible.

Alucard-HD

ok. so im lookin to get 35x12.5x16's. what backspacing would you guys recommend? should i get wheels with the stock 4.5 backspacing or should i go a little less, maybe like 3.5? i just want to get the most clearance if possible.
4.5 should work fine. Thats what i have on my HD. I had a 2000 Silverado with a 6 inch lift, and it had 35x12.50R16 (315/75R16) on 16x10 with 4.5 and it worked fine for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks