• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW 5 ton WRECKER FTV M1089A1

5tonpuller

:D :) :lol: :shock: :drool: [thumbzup] 8) rofl
It has like under 4k on it. I'M IN LOVE !!!!!!!!!!
But it might be some time before these show up on GL.
Set up some what like the HEMIT. ( would like one of them too )
My LTC. told me to stop drooling on it.

Adamlee

fifth wheel wrecker

TacticalTruck said:
Uncle Sugar has plenty of our tax dollars to run them. Here's the surplus version. I test fit it today.
that looks darn practical...how does it work? what is that rated for? pretty neat way to get more use out of your 5-ton tractor, jeff.

adam

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: fifth wheel wrecker

Jeff, is that the Holmes version of the FWTD? Bruce Kubu had a very nice one on one of his 900 tractors.

TacticalTruck

I was able to buy it for a reasonable price at a surplus auction because no one blabbed it all over the place.... :p
Kenny, I'm not sure who made it. It looks different than the ones pictured in PS mag for the M915s. Winslow still has the one from Bruce but I have not seen it to compare. It's pretty cool, now I just gotta figure out how it works. Anyone ever seen any manual on these?
Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

They are briefly touched on in the 90 version of FM 20-22. I've searched in the past for TMs on them but failed to find any, I'll dig a bit more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks