• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Advertiser

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: GL ads

Pappa-G said:
A couple of quick comments here:

A) I love the web site do what you have to keep it open and thanks for the free range grazing.

b) Its to bad that they (GL) will not limit purchases by the big buyers to a certain percentage of vehicles at a site.

3) Armadas truck wasn't all that cherry, the high beams didn't work.
GL could care less who buys the trucks. They would rather one company buy all the trucks (less paperwork). All they want as top dollar. It's just another example of how a private business always does better than the government. We seem to be on the losing end of this one though although they are making money for the government. Truth is we would all be praising the government for saving money throuh GL if it was something besides the OD trucks we know and love.

spicergear

RE: Re: RE: Re: GL ads

Wow...what a thread. I don't know Chris at all but do know Mike and know that his/their interst (and others) in the site is for the best...of course. Why would it be anything else? I do have question about some things brought up in this thread though-

I think people need to understand that when something is small, supporting costs are usually lower as well. If vendors are helping then their costs are lower then too. As it evolves it's a directly proportional relationship. There may come a time when a vendor may not see the advantage of paying a far increased advertising fee. I know a few of the suprlus guys in the area so I'm not in speculation. There also comes a time when the Home Depots of the world hurt the business of the little guy making a living.

This thread has also harbored a couple of posts about people pulling their support of the vendors that will not be advertising anymore? That is ignorance toward the people that gave a couple of bucks because THEY want to support the hobby too. To make a post against Saturn without knowing full well behind this whole debacle is borderline slander. Same with Jeff- he may be outspoken and come across too pointed for some but its HIS business in MV parts so he probably has conviction about what he's saying. He's also a wealth of information on MV's and not to be discounted.

Another post was made about the effect of advertising here will have for GL. Pull heads from sand people and take a look all around the GL site not just the MV's and see what's there- How many of us are bidding $400,000-$700,000 on huge scrap lots? How many of us are bidding on use Coast Guard Cutters? GL is OUT THERE in so many other sources and sites that I'm surprised they're throwing in to SS. Sincerely no offense meant to SS. I don't personally care for their ad location and pic as I'm a lot more interested in member rides and the cuties in the old MV publications then what they have. So many of us search GL anyway that to have GL bashing, basically reprimand members for sharing about a GL auction, then get in bed with the beast isn't the easiest to swallow especially when it directly influences and reflects this to past vendors.

I'm absolutely for keeping the site going...but not a fan of having GL right in my face. I think they certainly are getting what they bargained for; I think their ad detracts from this site because their site link is down into the mass of this sites page not at the top.

Anyway...keep up the good work fellas, the site is a great source.

beaubeau

Advertise 2 Way!

:grd: Well I have been hinting about Gl and SS that We as a group can get the Word out to someone at GL about the problems we have. I am sure that someone has been monitoring thi site from GL for a long time. Any complaints we have shoult be mentioned on this site and maybe we will see a change. I wonder how many of our complaints get to Management when we complain at GL!? And someone mentioned getting in touch with your Congressman, that would really get some attention from GL."THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE ATTENTION" :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks