• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CCKW at the Ropkey Museum

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lets see your truck Paul.

As I noted before, you still have yet to offer anything constuctive in this discussion. You simply say your truck is crap and I'm an expert.

Stan Leschert

Personally, I think that the posted truck is great. While some details might use some attention, there is no way that I would kick that truck out of my driveway. If it can make the trip up to Canada, I'll make sure that it's in our Remebrance Day parade. Front and center!

Not everything will ever be absolutely perfect, but as you may notice, there are fewer persons around, who actually used that series of truck. We will miss them.

Can we calm down now?

Once again, great truck!

paulfarber

lets see your truck Paul.

As I noted before, you still have yet to offer anything constuctive in this discussion. You simply say your truck is crap and I'm an expert.
YOu didn't even read the thread but come in with inane comments about a topic you have clearly shown you know little about (a 4+ year old pre-restoration photo is on page 4). I gave my obligatory 'nice truck'. I offered CONSTRUCTIVE advice on what is in need of correction to un-foerign-ize the truck and make it worthy of the National Symbol it currently wears.

I *NEVER* said my truck was better.

I *NEVER* said that this truck was garbage, but that it *NEVER* saw US Army service in the condition it is in. If you yell 'HONOR THE VETS' then at some point you will have to do something to honor them. How about we start with getting it right? Painting a foreign service truck OD and putting stars on it is NOT getting it right. Now, put this truck in the context of a MUSEUM piece and its still OK to get it half right? Worse, they themselves don't seem to know why this is not a USGI service truck.

Its VERY SAD that the state of CCKW ownership has reduced to this. Most people don't know what a CCKW is, and worse, don't seem to care.

I have been collecting the proper parts and TMs from across the globe. AU, De, UK, US, CA, JP, Fr, Norway and I few I have forgotten. Finding the right parts takes time, and knowledge and money. My goal is the finest factory class open cab on the planet... that's gonna take some time.

No worries. I'll keep chugging along, restoring and informing. Feel free to ignore me.

Wayofftrack

My goal is the finest 'Factory Class' CCKW on the planet.
Really? Factory class generally means you belong to some organization or club that has shows and judging. You know kind of like the MVPA that you hate sooooo much. So assuming you are actually restoring a truck and not just talking trash who is going to judge your 'finest factory class' cckw?

Yourself?

Heck why not just proclaim it now and save yourself all the hard work? Since nobody will ever see your finished truck it is a win win situation for you.

saddamsnightmare

September 23rd, 2010.

Wilco:

Please forgive the well intentioned, but alas, often caustic, comments on here. EVERYONE on here is an expert on something, even if it's their only lint filled navel..... The truck may not be perfect right now in it's paint or markings, but.... IT does seem to be in a lot better condition then many I have seen in the states that have had the tar beat out of them by long military and post military useage.....
My M35A2 may not be perfect, but it reflects a long hard life in "Nam and Desert Storm, and the current paint is about 40% original Desert Storm finish and 60% motorpool touch ups.... The markings are correct, but the paint is taking a beating from the reapeated cleanings after the mechanic gets his oily mits all over the fenders and hood.... WHOEVER called CARC "Chemical Agent Resistant Coating" never saw it's affinity for used motor oil and grease.....!!!!:p

Good luck on your truck, and keep pecking away, it's still a very worthy survivor of the "Big One".

Besides, I know David Doyle has probably seen more CCKW's then most of us, and I'm awaiting the M35 series book(s) from him...

paulfarber

By taking it off list I simply avoid the problem of the 'nice truck' guys.

I already posted about half of what it wrong.... but without frame numbers or more shots I had to hold off on a lot of other things that were done by the French, Danes etc. I have a Danish CCKW TM that really shows a lot of mods and how they did it.

The weirdest one was a battery disconnect cabled into the cab. If you have two 1 inch or so holes on your passenger side footboard you have an ex danish truck.

Neat little tid bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks