• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV front winch bumper, winch, and lights

DrJekl

It is too pretty to actually use right now! Once I get the first scratch on it then it will see some use.

The plug for the winch pickle went in the black out drive light housing. It is not used anyway so the place seemed logical. Another switch is on the dash for in cab control.

If I do one for the M1009, I think I'll buy a pre fab unit. There is a guy on ebay from the Lexington, KY area as I recall that makes a nice bumper for the square body trucks for under $500. If I would have paid for this bumper to be made and was charged by the hour I'd be in it for over $1,000 at least and had I paid retail on the winch and lights the total would be over $5,000 (The winch retails at $2500 without the brake and heat protection, lights run $1300) for the project.

DrJekl

I received my truck back this evening. Driveshaft is good to go. Gear Vendor installed but I need to test it. I forgot about the sliding rear window. I have AC now! Also slapped on a 2" receiver on the bumper. How cool is that?

DrJekl

My gear Vendor unit works! Thought I had some electronic issues but the Dodge had a gear reduction unit on it for the speedo and would not work with the speed sensor. Removed that and she works fine. Just need to change out the speedo gear for the one in the 205 and I think we'll be good.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"lights are five billion lumen KC lights used to guide the space shuttle down in heavy fog, again 24V units. [thumbzup]"

Too funny!!! :mrgreen:

DrJekl

True story Mike!

Warn 18K Industrial. Check the details on the pressure plate on their site. The site tells how it works better than I can. Description in winch options.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks